Headlight Replacement

fedoragent

Hello Gang,

Long time no see. I drove the Plymouth for the first time in four weeks as I'd been traveling for work. And I realized that my passenger side headlight was toast. Does anyone know the replacement part from O'Reilly's or Napa?

Thanks,

FG.

All you should need to ask for is a 6 volt headlight.

They probably only carry one brand - whatever it may be.

Think mine came from O'Reilly some time back.

As you may know, they simply plug in to a socket, once you

get past the headlight bezel and the retaining ring.

100_8793.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

Actually, I have a 12V system. Would this kill the hell out of the bulb or cause the system to overheat?

FG.

Well if it were a 6 volt sealed beam, 12 volts would burn it out fast. Any parts store will have 12 volt sealed beams, and very elcheapo....

Folks,

I went to Oreillys and found a great replacment and I drove home the car this evening just fine and happy.

Thanks,

FG.

Well if it were a 6 volt sealed beam, 12 volts would burn it out fast. Any parts store will have 12 volt sealed beams, and very elcheapo....

Gents,

Apologies for the vagueness. I typed that from a mobile browser so didn't want to be long on the onscreen keyboard. I have the new lamp in and everything is fine. Yes, 12V, no 6. Now, I need to figure something new out as something happened driving down Sunset Blvd in Hollywood.

FG.

Gents,

Apologies for the vagueness. I typed that from a mobile browser so didn't want to be long on the onscreen keyboard. I have the new lamp in and everything is fine. Yes, 12V, no 6. Now, I need to figure something new out as something happened driving down Sunset Blvd in Hollywood.

FG.

Still vague....:)

Still vague....:)

YEAR= 1947 (Early)

MAKE= Plymouth

MODEL= Club Coupe

BODY COLOR = MATTE BLACK

ELECTRICAL = 12V

ISSUE= Requesting information on vendor, pricing and part number of replacement passenger side 12V headlight.

RESOLUTION= Replacement headlight found at O'Reilly Auto Parts, Los Angeles, CA

COORDINATES= Latitude:N 34° 8' 44.6528" / Longitude:W 118° 6' 44.2694"

PART/ITEM NUMBER= H6024

PART/ITEM MAKE= Sylvannia

DESCRIPTION= Halogen Head

Price: $10.69

Enough detail?

FG.

YEAR= 1947 (Early)

MAKE= Plymouth

MODEL= Club Coupe

BODY COLOR = MATTE BLACK

ELECTRICAL = 12V

ISSUE= Requesting information on vendor, pricing and part number of replacement passenger side 12V headlight.

RESOLUTION= Replacement headlight found at O'Reilly Auto Parts, Los Angeles, CA

COORDINATES= Latitude:N 34° 8' 44.6528" / Longitude:W 118° 6' 44.2694"

PART/ITEM NUMBER= H6024

PART/ITEM MAKE= Sylvannia

DESCRIPTION= Halogen Head

Price: $10.69

Enough detail?

FG.

Not the headlite, what happened on Sunset......:D

I believe you should have included the time of day...and be specific on the time zone also..

joking of course but the changes you have made in your car from stock is really important in getting the right answer..thanks for the updated info..personally I go straight to the profile page to see make and model..but it is not in your profile either..this is often why I do not answer as i cannot be specific to every condition