chopped top

CUHEMIDA

i sure some where some time we have done this before well i would like to know if anyone in here has copped the top on a 46,47, 48 dodge club coupe if so sure could use the help and as many pic's of the chop as you might have along with how much your chop was its hard to know what it will look like with out knowing

Tom

I have seen more than my share like the Dodge above, started, abandoned for either lack of skills or money..left to ruin..

well Tim this one will get done i startedlooking to into this about 2 months ago and im still looking and learning i'll be sure of what im doing before i even put a line on the car itself i know it easy to chop it but hard to put it back together so i will keep doing my home work before anything gets cut

Tom

Hey, glad you have the right attitude..I was remarking on the picture posted above by bamfordsgarage...it appears be left out and about without direction of any sort..you can never go wrong by studying, measuring and of course asking questions of those who have successfully gone before you..

This particular one — our $200 parts car — was ruined before we started. We harvested the doors, front springs, dash, a few miscellaneous bits and the complete power train. We also took the roof to gain a better understanding of the edge structure re attaching our roof rack.

The rebuild tag is stamped Dec/53 and the car was last plated in 1957 so we are hopeful the block will be a good spare.

post-2848-13585356423809_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585356424172_thumb.jpg

Something I found helpful before I did the chop on my late 49 Plymouth was to take a bunch of side photos and chop the pictures to scale with an exacto knife. There are numerous ways to chop each vehicle, but normally only one way that looks asthetically correct. With my 49 club coupe, I ended up taking out 4 inches from the roof and shortening the body and the frame to meet the roof. No other way looked right. just my 2 cents..... Bud :D