Yankee Turnflex Directional Signal

47heaven

Removed the Yankee Turnflex directional signal assembly from my steering column the other day and cleaned it up real nice. There are no pits or rust on the thing whatsoever. Anyway, will be having the wiring done soon and would like to hook this back up and use it, but have no inkling about the wiring directions for it. I've looked on the internet, but had no luck (and I mean I looked the best I could). The wires are colored orange, red, yellow, white, brown, black and blue.

Does anyone know much about this brand? It looks to be one of the nicer directional signals that was probably offered at the time. Is this an after market item? What is it's vintage? The number reads 730/736 and under that is SAE-Q-QC-72. Don't know what that means, but I'm sure someone might. would like to know where each wire goes to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

myPlymouthPics00045.jpg

myPlymouthPics00046.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics. Can't seem to set the camera right to be clearer.

I think you can still buy one like that at auto parts stores. Seems as if O'Reilly here in MO has it, or one very similar. That red knob is for emergency flashers, I think. It's likely not a real ancient item. Seems as if one like that retails for $40 or $50. My 2 cents.

I just read a nice write up on this topic yesterday on Stovebolt.com. It had the wiring diagrams for Signal Stat 700 and 900 series, which is different from yours... However, he also has a good description on how to figure out which wire is which if your switch is different than the Signal Stat models.

Check it out http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/turn_signal.htm

Merle

Darin;

Did you check the main page downloads section of this forum? There is a wiring diagram for a seven wire aftermarket turn signal located there.

I also just googled "Yankee Turnflex" and got 236 hits and found the answer to your question.

Don....I must be blind because I don't see the downloads on the main page of this forum that you are talking about. Also, I checked Google and saw the other hits, but didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe you can post the link that you said answered my question because I'm not finding it. Thanks!

Don....I must be blind because I don't see the downloads on the main page of this forum that you are talking about. Also' date=' I checked Google and saw the other hits, but didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe you can post the link that you said answered my question because I'm not finding it. Thanks![/quote']

Darrin;

Try this link.

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num=100&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=Yankee+Turnflex&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

And this link

http://www40.addr.com/~merc583/mopar/framesets/welcomeframeset.html