100,000 posts. (OT)

_shel_ny

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim maybe as the 2 closest we should celebrate and forget the others. I'm asking Santa for a gallon and a half of charolette ivory and will be down to use the booth :D

That is assuming I find some fenders first hehe

I think the grand prize winner should get a "Dewey Button".

I think the winner should get the opportunity to actually drive Norm's coupe past the end of his driveway.

Greg G and I swapped keys in North Carolina last summer. I drove his car and he drove my car. Bob Riding tossed his keys to me in California a couple years back and I drove his car. Bloodyknuckles tossed his keys to me last summer and I drove his car. Marty Boise made the offer for me to drive his car but I declined as I did not feel comfortable driving his car in the California traffic.

So Norm should have no problem letting the winner drive his coupe (assuming it actually runs) past the end of his driveway. What say you folks? Is this a good idea?????

How would the winner win anything if they have to buy their own prize? And whats the story behind this button?

Young Ed, you now are really showing your age.:) The "Dewey Button" was known to most of us in the "older" generations. Was a sarcastic joke whenever someone was doing a little bragging. We would then say, "Do you want a Dewey Button or the chest to wear it on".:D

Now for the reason the winner has to pay for his own button. He does not win the button, he only wins the right to buy and wear it, if he has the chest to pin it on.:D In short, he gets the bragging rights to the button.

I think the winner should get the opportunity to actually drive Norm's coupe past the end of his driveway.

Greg G and I swapped keys in North Carolina last summer. I drove his car and he drove my car. Bob Riding tossed his keys to me in California a couple years back and I drove his car. Bloodyknuckles tossed his keys to me last summer and I drove his car. Marty Boise made the offer for me to drive his car but I declined as I did not feel comfortable driving his car in the California traffic.

So Norm should have no problem letting the winner drive his coupe (assuming it actually runs) past the end of his driveway. What say you folks? Is this a good idea?????

Sorry Don, this is not an option. While many people may do this freely, I do not do it under any circumstances (other than when my car may be in the shop and the mechanic test drives it, or my wife drives my car). I also have the same rule for myself. I will not drive another persons car either (except my wife's), unless it is an emergency that I do so. This has been a lifetime rule and I'm too old to change my ways now.:)

Thought you would wimp outicon13.gif

I don't think I did. I didn't say I wouldn't take the winner for a little ride if they were in the area. Far as that goes, will do the same with anyone else that makes it up this way. However that only applies until the snow starts flying and ends. So would have to be between about April through end of October and sometimes though about the end of November. Any other time, I'll give them a ride from the garage to the end of the driveway and back.:)

I don't think I did. I didn't say I wouldn't take the winner for a little ride if they were in the area. Far as that goes' date=' will do the same with anyone else that makes it up this way. However that only applies until the snow starts flying and ends. So would have to be between about April through end of October and sometimes though about the end of November. Any other time, I'll give them a ride from the garage to the end of the driveway and back.:)[/quote']

Thought you would wimp out.icon13.gif

I worded that last sentence wrong. Should have read, any time other than between the months mentioned, I'll take them for a ride. During the months mentioned I'll give them the driveway special.:D

As the owner of the old company I worked for for over 20 years once said. We send you all the complaints because we know you won't be intimated by anyone, including us.:) When the new owners took over in the late 80's and was visiting Milwaukee him and his wife and my wife and I went out to dinner and to show them the sites. At the time, I was having a disagreement with the VP of the company in the way he wanted me to do things. He brought the subject up during dinner. I promptly and firmly told him, I wasn't going to give in and if he he didn't like it, he could say so and let me go then and there at the table with no hard feelings, and we could still have a good time. His jaw and his wife's jaw just dropped to the table with that one. But.........nothing came of that remark and the subject was changed, and we still had a good time. So, saying I'm a wimp for not doing something doesn't bother me, and won't change my mind and make me do something I don't want to do. I refuse to be intimated by anyone or any statement.:) I've also done the same things while in the Army when an officer tried to intimidate me into doing something. In those cases, I also made sure the army regulation was on my side.:)

I worded that last sentence wrong. Should have read' date=' any time other than between the months mentioned, I'll take them for a ride. During the months mentioned I'll give them the driveway special.:D

As the owner of the old company I worked for for over 20 years once said. We send you all the complaints because we know you won't be intimated by anyone, including us.:) When the new owners took over in the late 80's and was visiting Milwaukee him and his wife and my wife and I went out to dinner and to show them the sites. At the time, I was having a disagreement with the VP of the company in the way he wanted me to do things. He brought the subject up during dinner. I promptly and firmly told him, I wasn't going to give in and if he he didn't like it, he could say so and let me go then and there at the table with no hard feelings, and we could still have a good time. His jaw and his wife's jaw just dropped to the table with that one. But.........nothing came of that remark and the subject was changed, and we still had a good time. So, saying I'm a wimp for not doing something doesn't bother me, and won't change my mind and make me do something I don't want to do. I refuse to be intimated by anyone or any statement.:) I've also done the same things while in the Army when an officer tried to intimidate me into doing something. In those cases, I also made sure the army regulation was on my side.:)[/quote']

Wimp!

Other strange things happen on the "Forums Home" page

Near the bottom it says 5 active member's presently on, but only lists 3 of us. Apparently the person viewing the page is shown first in the list.

205 or less posts left until the next prize award

Below is a "copy and paste" from that page

What's Going On?

Currently Active Users: 20 (5 members and 15 guests)

View Who's Online

Most users ever online was 225, 06-29-2007 at 12:32 AM.

shel_bizzy_48, 49roadster, Tim Adams

www.P15-D24.com Statistics

www.P15-D24.com Statistics

Threads: 11,977, Posts: 99,795, Members: 2,324, Active Members: 509

Welcome to our newest member, Bill Collins

The reason you see a different number of names compared to how many users are on line is because some are like me. My name does not appear when I'm online, but it does count me. That's because I have it set up to hide my name when I'm online. Apparently some others do the same. I'm the only one who can see my name when online. Instead of the light next to my name being green like it is for most, my light is red when on line. Again though, I'm the only one who can see that too.