I am wondering what kind of weather-stripping I should purchase for my 1950 Plymouth 2 door, for both my trunk and the doors. I have heard the original stuff was not that great and let air through and I was wondering if that is accurate or if there was better stuff out there. 

I think the doors simply need suitable weather stripping around the circumference, but the trunk does have quite a deep channel for the weather stripping to fit in. I was wondering if someone found a suitable option either way. 

Thanks!

Here is quick video of how far I have got on my project:

Jonathan,

Great video- I would like to see more of your progress on the glass, trim, lights, etc. I am building a '51 Suburban and was looking at a similar color. Sounds like your painter mixed a custom color. Any info on what your painter did to achieve the blue? 

Thanks!

Some cars used a simple rectangular weather strip adhered to the trunk lid. It uses the body channel as a gutter and is easily wiped clean, when needed. That’s my preference. 

Jonathan,

You have great timing. I have a 1950 Dodge Coronet 2 door. I am also starting the same search.

I have some stuff already. Trunk was from Steel Rubber. The rubber i removed from my doors is not the same shape all the way around.

noticeably bigger along the bottom and had a metal backer that fit in slots in the door.

Some stuff i do not see any listings

For some stuff you might want to use play Do ( The kids stuff ) to get a shape and size. That helped me a lot before.

• Like 1