Looking for someone to install complete wire harness in 1953 Dodge truck

Do you have a new harness kit? If not, YnZ wiring is in California and speaking from personal experience their kits are good. Kit comes with very good instructions and are easy to install. Personally, I would go that route rather than pay someone else. 

• Like 1

Great to hear from you John and find out you live in SLO.

I haven’t order the harness yet but I’ve got pricing from DMC($760) and YNZ ($1,221). Do you have some advice on this and anyone in SLO that could install it?

There is/was a small shop catering to classic vehicles, Volk Auto Construction, located on Santa Fe Road by the airport. In fact I sold and then bought back my '53 B4B to Matt Volk back in 2007. It's not coming up on google but it was next to With the Grain Woodcraft (which shows up on google maps). I think I have his number somewhere....let me look.

Anthony at Auto Experts on Higuera might be willing to work on it, although he does mainly mainstream repair work. He works on everything though.

Scott's shop also on Higuera seems to work on a lot of older vehicles, although I have never been in there. 

Also check out Rhode Island Wiring - they have harnesses and diagrams for our trucks. 

Appreciate the help.

I went over to Matt’s shop but it was closed. Talked to two businesses next door and they say he is rarely seen. Guy at the machine shop next door said come by on Monday and his boss will be in and can give me Matt’s number.

Will check out Rhode Island Wiring. Attached is pic of my truck.

IMG_6954.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m still not sure why you won’t put a kit in yourself. If you have disabilities, I understand that. If you have no time due to work/business, I understand that. If you have major family commitments, I understand that. If the thought of doing it yourself puts you off, I kinda understand that……….. but the kits have instructions and all you need to do is remove and replace some nuts. There are a couple of places, but not many, where you will need to crimp or solder wires. I prefer soldering with the absolute basic soldering kit. Saves you a lot of money as an upside, plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. Your truck of course but just my two nickels worth. We stopped using cent coins years ago in Canada. 

Edited by RobertKB

2 hours ago, RobertKB said:

We stopped using cent coins years ago in Canada.

That's a good one!

I suspect that the TS is simply not electrically inclined. He might've noticed some old wiring with deteriorated insulation and is now worried about starting a fire or what not. Attempting to do the wiring himself is probably considered as a separate fire\explosion hazard in itself :)