Three hot flatheads

RobertKB

Took my '48 Dodge D25 Coupe to the Santa Claus parade in Fort Macleod, about 35 miles from where I live. Day was pretty cool and windy but heater worked great. When I got home, I decided to shuffle my cars around to get them in the configuration I want them in for the winter in my garage. Fired up the '53 Plymouth and the '38 Chrysler and switched them around and then moved my '48 back in. Left the doors open and let all three of them run up to operating temperature and listened to my favourite symphony called "18 Cylinders Purring Sweetly". Shut all three cars off and closed the garage doors. Temp inside the garage went from 45 up to 65 in no time. Kind of an expensive way to heat a garage but sure is fun! Love the old flatheads!!

Normspeed, only wrenching the '53 needs is to pull the starter and get it checked out. Doesn't kick out soon enough. Also need to adjust my choke. How is the new to you overdrive working out? 15+ years ago I had a chance to buy a '53 Plymouth with an overdrive in a wrecking yard. The crusher was at work but they said they would save the car for me while I went for money. Got back and the car was flatter than a pancake. Sad but true.

Hotrodbob, I envy you guys who can basically drive the old girls all year round. I will occasionally get mine out over the winter when the roads are good but any real driving is done for the season until March/April. Enjoy the drive to the beach!

Great story to hear.

I'm lucky, 70's today. Went cruzin just for the heck of it. Just pulled my '48 coupe in the garage...at about 8:30PM. Temps in the 60's. Will drive it to the beach in the morning.

Ya gotta love So.Cal.

If it's the beach and water sports you like, I invite you to Wisconsin on any January 1st of any year. You can cruise down to the beach on Lake Michigan for a nice swim. Our local Polar Bear Club hits the beach every January 1st, even when it's below zero and jumps into the water for a dip. What's this 70 degree stuff, anybody can jump in the water then.:P If you plan ahead a little you might get lucky and be able to get tickets for a Green Bay Packer game at the Frozen Tundra in Green Bay, WI. There, you get to sit in a nice modern outdoor stadium on concrete bleachers to watch the game. While there, you'll notice some people don't even have a shirt on in zero weather. So........you won't need a shirt either, you even wear your shorts so as not to overheat.:P

yeah! and while you are up in wisconsin, come on over to the lake and watch the 1/2 mile oval motorcycle race..any sunday. 80 mph with studs...near madison they race stock cars. you gotta love this place!

you calif guys cant imagine 100 cars parked on the ice , watching cycle races

in 10-30 degree weather. ice is minimum 12in thick...has to be 5in + to race m/cycles.

claybill