Difference in Club Coupe and Business Coupe Body Mounts

Tony_Urwin
Go to solution Solved by Plymouthy Adams,

Can anyone tell me if the Club Coupe and Business Coupe have the same configuration of body mounts?  Is it possible to put the body from a Business Coupe on the chassis of a Club Coupe without moving body mounts?

Sorry, the body and chassis are both P-15 lol.  I've had a 1948 P-15 Club Coupe chassis in storage forever, and I am looking at a P-15 Biz Coupe that I would use for the body.  If I remember correctly, the Convertible and Biz Coupe used a chassis with different mounting points than the Club Coupe and Sedan.  I can't seem to find the schematics for the P-15 chassis. I might be willing to alter the chassis if it wasn't too difficult.

• Solution

there is but one frame shown for the P15 in the repair manual, the center mounts bolt to the frame...they are positioned per body being used....these again, bolt where needed and the holes are provided by the factory. These movable mounts are in the vicinity of the B-Post.....as I have a bz cpe here I can assure you that it matched the frame dimensions in the book.

I think you are right, Mr Adams, at least for my purposes. The Master Parts List shows two different frame rails for the P-15.  One part # for the convertible, and another part # for all other models. Maybe I wouldn't even need to move the body mounts to use my frame under the Biz Coupe.