senior/senile (OT) but car related

_shel_ny

Now senior/senile #1, or maybe just stupid. I had removed the "mopar" wheel chock "from behind" the rear wheel, only to find that when the front wheel made it back to that area it would impact the "mopar" wheel chock that was "in front of" the rear wheel before starting to back up. It being a square ended 4X4, motion stopped.

Shel, I won't mention any names, but I know someone else who has done this a couple of times.;)

how about senior moment #23....

claybill gets a new sony radio for birthday.......vacuums the trunk of the '46while listening to some tunes..puts the radio on the cement floor, closes the trunk , starts up the car, backs out... and crunches a 150.00 radio!!!!

i didnt even look back...whatever it was, i said, i dont have it anymore.

claybill

Here's a little pick-me-up for the old timers. I received my 46 pickup at the young age of 21. One of the first times I drove it I left my dremel tool either on the running board or the frame( I drove it without a bed the first summer). Went for a short drive and came back to find it ran over in front of the driveway! OOPS

OK here is my story. Several years ago on a planet far, far away I was working on a furd station wagon that my friend wanted to sell. To avoid scratching my new watch that was a birthday present from my wife (not Lisa as she was not yet my wife then) I removed both my wedding ring and watch then carefully strapped the ring into my watch band and then carefully placed both on the roof of the car. Finished working on the car and took it for a test drive. It ran great! Returned home and never again did I know what time it was. Nor did I ever again find that wedding ring even though I walked the entire test drive route.

Last winter one of the headlight bulbs burned out in my wife's 02 Kia. Was cold out so was in a hurry to get the thing changed. Had one of the cheap battery less flashlights that I was using. Had a plastic case (told you it was a cheap one). Laid the flashlight down on top of the strut housing, then turned the headlight on to test it before closing the hood. Headlight worked great, so..........went to the front of the car and shut the hood. As soon as the hood went down I heard the crunch, and the left rear of the hood was standing up a little. Raised the hood and there was the crushed flashlight right where I left it. Luckily the hood was not damaged and it also closed like it should then.

Years ago when I was a kid I remember my grandfather working on his car one day. Got the car fixed then went for a test drive or shopping, or something. Took a long ride anyway. Later he couldn't find his glasses (didn't need them for driving). After searching all over, he found them the next day under the hood laying on the shelf of the inner fender, right where he had put them. It's amazing how they stayed there while drove around in the car.

I've done similar stuff. At least partly backed over my small tool box once years ago. Have left tools under the hood and found them still there after

driving around. Other things I can't recall at the moment. Put an extra car key in one of those magnetic boxes on the frame of the wife's car.....guess it vibrated off over time 'cause it wasn't anywhere to be found later. Ah well....

One day my uncle walked two miles to work as he did every day. A while later he came back home looking for his glasses. He could not find them so walked back to work agin. A while later he agin walked home still not being ably to find his glasses so he could'nt see to work. Now it was time to eat lunch so my mother told him to sit down and eat. Of course when he took off his hat to eat he found his glasses right where he put them, on top of his head under hi hat.