toggle switch

sparks

the dome light is not controlled by the panel light control.  It has a switch on either the right or left B pillar and possibly an automatic switch on the passenger side A pillar.    16 gauge.   usually, power is supplied directly to the dome light socket  and the circuit's ground id completed by the door switch or the slider switch .   However, the 41 may not be wired that way.

The dome light switch is usually on the passenger side B pillar.  Depending on model, my base Plymouth has just that switch with no door switch.  Better optioned cars may have had a door switch as well.  My car did have a dealer or owner operated courtesy lights in the foot Wells that were operated with a grounding switch on the driver's side A pillar. The dome light has 14 gauge.  The foot well lights were wired with modern style 16 gauge but they were wired in series and are only maybe 3 candle powerlamps.  I believe the dome ight is the same bulb as the parking/ tail lamps.

Edited by greg g

thanks so much for replys love my 41s not so much for replacement parts have a 2door with roll down back windows and 4 door love the suicide doors when get running driving will be selling 1 to recoupe some cost dk values but will be listing original will keep posted cars are considerably solid