A beauty on ebay

Normspeed

Norm,did you see the 33 Plymouth coupe that was on ebay this week? Man,that thing was gorgeous! The guy was kind enough to send me a bunch of detail photos of it so I could see what missing parts on mine looked like,and it has a paintjob so slick that a fly couldn't land on it without skidding off and busting his ass on the ground. The owner had owned and driven this coupe for years,and it still looked like new except for a few details,like a aftermarket oil pressure gauge in the dash. I guess the original quit working.

Last time I looked at it the bidding was up to a little over $17,000,and there was still a day or two to go.

I didn't catch that one but not long ago there was an early Dodge 4 door, the first year for the straight 8, The opening bid was not bad at all, but no one bid on it. It was a little remote, like West Virginia, so transporting to CA would be a challenge.

I didn't catch that one but not long ago there was an early Dodge 4 door, the first year for the straight 8, The opening bid was not bad at all, but no one bid on it. It was a little remote, like West Virginia, so transporting to CA would be a challenge.

Here it is,Norm. The only thing I can find wrong about this one is that it doesn't belong to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140150046273&rd=1

That brought up an interesting question for me.... how the heck do you get into a rumble seat???

There is a step plate right by the bumper brackets on the passenger side,and another step plate on top of the rear fender on the passenger side. You also see some cars that have grab handles bolted to the top of the rear quarters ,but I have only seen them on Model A's,and I think they were a aftermarket item.

If you look closely at this photo of my coupe you can see a dark spot right on top of the rear fender. That is a cushioned rubber step plate.

rrearyu5.jpg