What is the model number for 37-38 Dodge 1 ton pickups?

Need to buy new windshield rubber for my 37 Dodge 1 ton truck,and need to know the model number or name these trucks were called to make sure I get the right parts.

Is there any one manufacturer or source any of you recommend?

I am also going to need the arms and maybe the crank mechanism as well.

BTW,does anyone know the screw size and thread pitch for the screws holding the windshield frame to the truck?Left Rear.jpgL Front.jpgL Front.jpg

Edited by knuckleharley

36 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Should say on the serial number tag. I think that would be an R series. 39 is a T and 40 V then 41-47 is W. 

It probably did at one time,but the tag was missing when I bought the truck. That's where the master cylinder is mounted. I have a NC DMV VIN number for it. It is registered as a 1937 Dodge truck,but has NC VIN numbers and no model number.

3 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Well the 39-47s use the model letter and then a size letter. I would guess yours an RD. Might have had #s following the letters to denote wheelbase. 

Thanks,Ed. Seems like the 37 and 38 "big trucks" kind of fell though a crack and aren't noticed by anyone. I admit they aren't the beauties the half-tons were,but I think they are still good-looking trucks.

The 1938 is referred to as a Fore Point. The engine was moved forward to help balance heavy loads. And I agree, 38 1.5 Tons are a great looking truck.

48D

Edited by 48dodger

4 minutes ago, 48dodger said:

The 1938 is referred to as a Fore Point. The engine iwas moved forward to help balance heavy loads. And I agree, 38 1.5 Tons are a great looking truck.

48D

Does this also apply to the 37's?  What model number should I use when ordering windshield rubber,door rubber,etc,etc,etc?

BTW,my truck was sold new to a big city fire department for use as a fire truck. The pumper was mounted in the bed. They used it for small fires like fires in vacant lots and places there was no room for the full-sized fire trucks or where they would get stuck. It still has the plaque riveted to the bed. IIRC,it was a "Champion" conversion.

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 1

I would start with Dodge City Vintage, they deal with late 20's 30's and 40's dodges.

Dave will help you better than me. He's here on the forum as "countrytravler "

Dave's member profile

current location(they moved recently)

their facebook page

48D

• Like 1

I show for 1937 Dodge 1 ton ;   MD 20 with a 120 " wheel base . Also a MD 21 for a 136 " wheel base . This info is from Pin Point Parts Specifier for the 1936 - 1949 trucks . I also have starting and closing serial numbers for these trucks and some of the more common part numbers if you need them  .  If you should happen to have a 1938 1 ton , the model numbers are RD20 and RD21 , the windshield gasket part number is the same for both years . 

Edited by Jerry Roberts
windshield weatherstrip part #745250
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jerry Roberts said:

I show for 1937 Dodge 1 ton ;   MD 20 with a 120 " wheel base . Also a MD 21 for a 136 " wheel base . This info is from Pin Point Parts Specifier for the 1936 - 1949 trucks . I also have starting and closing serial numbers for these trucks and some of the more common part numbers if you need them  .  If you should happen to have a 1938 1 ton , the model numbers are RD20 and RD21 , the windshield gasket part number is the same for both years . 

Thank you. Do you sell the windshield gasket/rubber? If so,PM me here about prices.

4 hours ago, 48dodger said:

I would start with Dodge City Vintage, they deal with late 20's 30's and 40's dodges.

Dave will help you better than me. He's here on the forum as "countrytravler "

Dave's member profile

current location(they moved recently)

their facebook page

48D

Thanks,send him a email.

2 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Thank you. Do you sell the windshield gasket/rubber? If so,PM me here about prices.

Knuckle ,  Don't confuse me with Roberts Motor Parts on the east coast . I am a private party in California . His name is Gary Roberts and I am Jerry Roberts . 

Edited by Jerry Roberts

3 hours ago, Jerry Roberts said:

Knuckle ,  Don't confuse me with Roberts Motor Parts on the east coast . I am a private party in California . His name is Gary Roberts and I am Jerry Roberts . 

OOPS! Sorry about that!