freight costs

wayfarer

I learned last week that if you make arrangements with Greyhound via the internet you can get some very good rates. If the same item arrangemnent to ship is made at the GH Depot, the cost will be as much as 1/3 MORE. 

Wayfarer, Did they promise an eta for that price? I sent a seat from Oregon City to Texas and it took about three weeks but, it was only around $50. To send through the same company 

Edited by Brent B3B

Brent, the very-helpful worker bee said 5-7 days. Reddaway trucking also said 7 days but they wanted $750... I figure if a customer just-has-to-have-it then they can pay whatever the premium might be. Most folks can probably wait a few extra days if the price is right.

pflaming, a lot of folks reference Greyhound but I'm still trying to figure out how Greyhound would be able to handle a pallet sized item. Do they also have a trucking side to the people freight operation?

• Like 1

I shipped a coupla fenders via Greyhound as they were the best price and would accept the very bulky package.  Discovered, counter to statements I'd heard, that just sticking a label on them was not acceptable.  Had to crate 'em.  As I recall it was a box about 30"x 42"x 65", but weighed less than 100#.  And it went in the baggage compartment.  You also need to deliver and the customer pick up at a Greyhound station.  A real hassle but cost effective.