54 Plymouth Savoy and 54 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe

fudds54

the looks of the 54 grow on you...I was not so fond of them at first due to single glass windshield and integral rear fenders..but they have more bling than earlier years and trim out nice...this very trim brings out the very lines of the car and more than makes up for the rear fenders.. bought my 54 due to two door unmolested original with automatic...and the price was right...

• Like 1

How/where did you add the power brake booster to the plmouth?

in 54 it is stock...or should I say a stock option...though my 54 did not have the booster the body has a bulge pressed into the floor pan that is covered by the seat so is out of sight, out of mind.  This bulge gives the clearance needed for the booster diaphragms housing to fit

as a side note, sad part is that the books and brochures for 54 were already printed and distributed before a few of the mid year changes came to be...that is why you will not see the PB and automatic covered in the repair manual.  You need to bump forward to the 55's to get data if you did not get a copy of the dealer/service dept. bulletins

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

So the booster is the Kelsey Kayes "Vacu-Ease" unit mounted on the frame same as used on the chryslers and 8 passenger cars..

I have never seen a pre 1955 plymouth with a booster.

A very rare option to say the least!