my new project....

Hey guys new member here and was hoping you guys could help me. What frame would fit under my truck to allow me to have disc brakes and lower it? Also no VIN identification can anyone tell me if this is a 50, 51, 52? I also need to know where I can find front grill bars. I guess I could look on the frame about the year but was wondering if anyone could tell by looking. By the way this truck is very solid and only thing missing is the front grill. I'm very excited to get started on this project. Thx guys for any help you can give me.

post-9225-13585371566029_thumb.jpg

post-9225-13585371566397_thumb.jpg

post-9225-1358537156675_thumb.jpg

post-9225-13585371567967_thumb.jpg

Welcome.

You don't have to change the frame to lower it or put disc brakes on the front (or rear).

Do a search for disc brakes. :)

Drop front axle and a rear spring under will lower it.

It's either a '51 or '52. The '50 had a different grille and the '53 had different rear fenders.

Keven

Welcome.

You don't have to change the frame to lower it or put disc brakes on the front (or rear).

Do a search for disc brakes. :)

Drop front axle and a rear spring under will lower it.

It's either a '51 or '52. The '50 had a different grille and the '53 had different rear fenders.

Keven

Thx Keven. How far will this lower it?

Traditional or modern? V8 or hopped up flat head 6? Usable as a truck or just for fun?

You'll find a lot of different build styles here, from stock to shock.

Mine is getting a built 230 6 cylinder, 5 speed, modern rear axle, static drop (leaf spring removal), traditional 2 tone paint (for Spring Specials, newer than my truck), stock 16" wheels with caps/ring/wide whites, 15" wheels with full wheel covers (I like to change the look, wheels are easier than paint), 15" chrome kidney beans with 235/75/15 rock crawler tires, also have a set of 14" alloys for it. Lots of wooden interior pieces, 12v conversion, stereo in the glove box, solid bed floor (I have a market garden, truck is advertising) because it still will have to haul stuff occasionally...

What part of Arkansas are you in? And I sure hope the hood is in the bed of that truck... And consider making a custom grill, ought as well, replacements aren't cheap.

Edited by Scruffy49

Traditional or modern? V8 or hopped up flat head 6? Usable as a truck or just for fun?

You'll find a lot of different build styles here, from stock to shock.

Mine is getting a built 230 6 cylinder, 5 speed, modern rear axle, static drop (leaf spring removal), traditional 2 tone paint (for Spring Specials, newer than my truck), stock 16" wheels with caps/ring/wide whites, 15" wheels with full wheel covers (I like to change the look, wheels are easier than paint), 15" chrome kidney beans with 235/75/15 rock crawler tires, also have a set of 14" alloys for it. Lots of wooden interior pieces, 12v conversion, stereo in the glove box, solid bed floor (I have a market garden, truck is advertising) because it still will have to haul stuff occasionally...

What part of Arkansas are you in? And I sure hope the hood is in the bed of that truck... And consider making a custom grill, ought as well, replacements aren't cheap.

Northern Arkansas....yes the hood is there. Do u have any good places to get ratrod parts or custom truck parts?

Rat rod parts? Junkyards still cough out the occasional gem. So do older farms. Only hot rod stuff I've checked is links from both sides of this forum (truck and car). Tends to be a bit more hop up going on in the car section.

All the strange stuff for mine I've either made or was done when my uncle started lightly modding it in the late 50s.

Rat rod parts? Junkyards still cough out the occasional gem. So do older farms. Only hot rod stuff I've checked is links from both sides of this forum (truck and car). Tends to be a bit more hop up going on in the car section.

All the strange stuff for mine I've either made or was done when my uncle started lightly modding it in the late 50s.

Cool thx. It seems these parts are not very easy to find lol. It's funny you can find boat loads of chevy parts but no Dodge. Figures.