Will a 62' 413 max wedge motor fit in a 47 Plymouth

1947plymouthrodder

What have you come up with for motor mounts? are you using the stock column and steering box?

I will be stuffing a ford 302 in my 47 coupe as well.

Stupid motor choice but at least it is not a chevy!! Good luck finding a rear sump oil pan for it that will fit.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its out of a 80s LTD rear sump pan Lots of room under there..

I`m not an old timer so I wont argue.. Just using what I have..My dad has built a few 31 model A s and uses the Bow Tie. So with a little of TLC and the right tools and of course $$$ anything can be done.. Or else it would be a chevy.. But thanks for the criticism..

And i might add i`m not here to judge anyone just here to see what others are doing? would have left her stock. but engine was stuck. and was not sure if parts for fluid drive were even around, id bet its near impossible to get someone who can repair one around here..

Edited by wkrpinnick

That's one of the reasons i chose my 360 for my meadowbrook. I have a complete parts car that has the flat head. Completely locked up and after looking at the costs for a stock rebuild, what i had laying around gets the nod. The 472 cad and t-400 almost got it. but ease of installation won the battle. Go with it!