1948 Plymouth convertible

1948mando

Assuming the 48 Convertible fenders are no diff. than a 48 Coupe,....yes, the 42's will bolt on. It's something I was always planning because I didn't like the "chubby" look of the stockers. Had the fenders, but changed my mind. Unfortunately for you, they are difficult to find and mine were sold long ago.

I changed my mine because I felt I could come up with a nicer line than the 42's. And, as long as I was messing with the aesthetic I could pull off a new opening at no more cost, or even less if I did it myself. That project is on my to do list as long as I own the car. In the meantime, I'll dig for some reference pics.

Re the "chubby look", I also thought at one time about trying to modify some front fender trim for the rears. I seem to recall seeing a 46-48 Dodge with a dealer offered trim for the rear fenders, addressing the same issue.

42 fenders pop up on ebay ALL the time! also check out the classified adds on the HAMB ( http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47 ). i put 42 fenders on my 48 bizz coupe and love the look.

use the search function it will save a lot of time.

Edited by scotty t

42 fenders pop up on ebay ALL the time! also check out the classified adds on the HAMB ( http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47 ). i put 42 fenders on my 48 bizz coupe and love the look.

use the search function it will save a lot of time.

Scotty, how about putting a picture of your car in your profile (or post one in this thread)? I'd like to see what the 42 fenders look like!

Marty

Scotty, how about putting a picture of your car in your profile (or post one in this thread)? I'd like to see what the 42 fenders look like!

Marty

sorry but the car is at a buddy's garage and i won't be able to get a pic for a while.

• 8 months later...