OT the power of fermented mulberries

greg g

We just had a hilarious floor show during dinner, thanks I think to Mullberries falling from our tree and fermenting a bit.

The show started with a squirrel wresteling with a foot long stick. He messed with it for about 5 minutes then jumped straight up and headed breakneck for the woods. He was followed by three chipmunks doing their impressions of dirt track racers, they did about 4 high speed laps of a large bush, then almost like a stunt team did a 3 direction split and headed off toward compass points at full speed.

The finale' was two young rabbits that did a 2 round golden gloves boxing match. They met and circled each other then rose up on hind legs and began duking it out (perhaps the origin of "rabbit punch") like a couple of kangaroos. This went on for a couple minutes,and they broke apart a couple feet cooled off for a bit the met again for 2 more minutes of fisticufs.

A crow landing in the ring, and the combatants retired from the squared circle.

To wrap up, a deer just staggered down the hill and stumbled into the woods.

All this with no cover and no minimum.....

Hopefully the birds are eating them fresh and won't be performing Blue Angles routines or falling from the sky.

Greg,

Ah, yes, the demon alcohol! My momma always told me it would addle my brain, warp my perspective, and drag my poor dreary body to a degradative state. I guess she was right 'and I have a P-15 to prove it!

That must have been a great show. I've read of incidents like that, such as the annual war birds wage against windows along the Eastern Seaboard, but I've never seen it in person. I've seen things close to that at 2:00 AM when I'm trying to close my bar but those folks had feathers in their heads, not on their bodies.

-Randy

Always give my berries a bit of a salt bath, dives the little buggie out. I have made pies with half mullberries, half blue berries. Give the berries a bath let em dry a bit, pour them in a crust 2x high, 1/2 cup sugar 2 tbl spoons cornstarch some lemon juice and a bit of cinnamon in enough water to dislove, pour it over the berries, add the top crust, add some vent holes and bake. Pretty tasty.

I have a Mulberry tree in the backyard. Throughout June I am constantly chasing the dog away from the grazing zone. She likes those berries or thinks this is some sort of fun game. I am not sure if she really likes the berries or just wants me to chase her around the yard.? Stupid lab, I am still trying to get her to understand the difference between a 1/2 “ wrench and a 9/16” ?

Chet…

That would explain our stoned mini horse, there are 3 mulberry trees along one of his fences. At least the berries are pretty much played out here for the year. Guess it got too hot. Wonder if I'll be able to keep him out of the watermelon patch? Barely July 4th and ready to pick...