engine RPM

stewdecky

Starting two threads at the same time on this?

Its been covered many times before, maybe we ought to have a sticky thread on it.

Grousing over, I believe that you can run the engine continuously at 3200 to 3300 RPM. Assuming, of course, that it is in reasonable condition to start with. Depending on your tire size and rear end ratio that is around 65 MPH on the cars for most years. Trucks are typically geared differently so the speed there may be different (probably lower).

Starting two threads at the same time on this?

Its been covered many times before, maybe we ought to have a sticky thread on it.

Grousing over, I believe that you can run the engine continuously at 3200 to 3300 RPM. Assuming, of course, that it is in reasonable condition to start with. Depending on your tire size and rear end ratio that is around 65 MPH on the cars for most years. Trucks are typically geared differently so the speed there may be different (probably lower).

i dunno, i kinda like the idea of a "general knowledge" section, where these things could be addressed. or at the very least, a spec list on a sticky

Have you read all the info that is on the main part of the site that hosts this forum???

If not a lot of information is there. Use the return to P15 D24 button i the header bar, then use the buttons on the left to navigate the information GTK has assembled there, when fininshed do the same for the Pilot house pages. I think you will find a lot of general information which applies to these vehicles. If that not enough, do a search on the Allpar site for flathead 6.