OT Rain OT

Dennis Hemingway

Hope everyone here in Southern California is ok after our rain storm. So far we have made it through without much damage.

Our Average annual rainfall is about 4 inches, so far this month we have had over 6 inches.

Here is a photo taken yesterday of the normally dry Mojave River, this is about a mile from our house.

Dennis:eek:

post-12-13585358660059_thumb.jpg

Dennis, I saw that on the news last night that looked bad, Hope you don't encounter any problems if it goes over! I had a little problem with the rain, I had my 34 Dodge Brothers duce and a half in the same spot for ten years, I put one of my boats next to it when i was digging out another to sell. I went out back yesterday to see how everything was doing and see if their was any problems, When i noticed the truck leaning to the left, Thought what the heck thing got a flat. Took a closer look and the truck had come to rest on the boat fender as the wheel and axle fell into a sink hole! I looked around and man that is a deep hole i have no clue as to what caused it but i will find out later today after i get the forklift out and move them. Had a bad time with Squirrels this year, Might be a den or something of the sort.

Dennis, I saw that on the news last night that looked bad, Hope you don't encounter any problems if it goes over! I had a little problem with the rain, I had my 34 Dodge Brothers duce and a half in the same spot for ten years, I put one of my boats next to it when i was digging out another to sell. I went out back yesterday to see how everything was doing and see if their was any problems, When i noticed the truck leaning to the left, Thought what the heck thing got a flat. Took a closer look and the truck had come to rest on the boat fender as the wheel and axle fell into a sink hole! I looked around and man that is a deep hole i have no clue as to what caused it but i will find out later today after i get the forklift out and move them. Had a bad time with Squirrels this year, Might be a den or something of the sort.

Made it through ok here in Long Beach, except every time the dogs (2 Mastiffs) went out, they'd bring half the backyard in with them it's so saturated.

Any pics of your "situation"? Hope it turns out all right. Landscater got a lot of rain.

I hope everyone on the forum is alright with all the rain up north and in California. We get rains like that in Texas along the coast all the time which floods the yard but it drains pretty fast. Anyway hope everyone on the forum has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May God Bless each and everyone of you.

Larry Brauer

Usually up here in British Columbia we get set to go south for the winter to soak up the sun....we are getting the same weather system here....so wet, water laying everywhere. Fortunatly for us this is very close to normal, unfortunatly it is not normal for southern California. Hope it dries out soon.