four door town sedan vs four door sedan

Bill Ford

no the body and chassis was the same length..the door are larger front and rear due to the absence of the rear quarter glass...the car has vent windows all around..true arm rests in the rear..I have both a 47 and a 41 Town Sedan here...I got them as they are not the most often seen Dodge..they are both on the back burner..heck everything in the shop is on the back burner...i am back on the house remodel..bad weather forced me to work indoors...

yes..and there is even a Town Sedan Special..these cars were different from the other Town Sedans..what makes them Special..I have never truly found out..but was thinking it may have been specially optioned ordered vechicle..mine is a Special.it has back up lights, factory installed radio and aerial, twin heater, electric gas cap, hood light, clock, turn signals and they are signified by the black steering wheel, column and dash knobs..

yes..and there is even a Town Sedan Special..these cars were different from the other Town Sedans..what makes them Special..I have never truly found out..but was thinking it may have been specially optioned ordered vechicle..mine is a Special.it has back up lights, factory installed radio and aerial, twin heater, electric gas cap, hood light, clock, turn signals and they are signified by the black steering wheel, column and dash knobs..

Electric Gas Cap ??

Jack

Jack, don't worry, you're not the 1st person to express amazement about an "Electric Gas Cap".........when I first saw this option mentioned a few mths ago on this forum I thought it was something out of Mad magazine..........lol........but apparently, yep they were an option.......simply amazing the number and variety of options available even back in the 40's........this is a great place to learn........thanks, andyd

The Town Sedan first appeared in 1941 on the new Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler bodies. All three makes offered the body style in 1941 and 1942, with only Dodge offering it in 1946-48.

Chrysler in 1941 also had a Crown Imperial Special Town Sedan, basically a New Yorker TS with a fancier interior, wheel covers and the Crown Imperial engine. The 1946-48 Chrysler Town & Country 6 4-door sedan was also done in the Town Sedan style.

Plymouth restyled their bodies for 1942 (first introduced in 1940) and offered a Town Sedan in 1942 only.

Bill

Vancouver, BC

WOW !! I never thought how truly rare and unique my car was .. how many were made in 46-48 ?? no wonder i'm having trouble finding things for it ... and guys ,, mine isn't by any means stock ...