Yay, My Seats Are Back

55 Fargo

Here is a pic of my seats abck in the car. This guy did a great job, they were all packaged in heavy ploy and sewn shut when I got them, very nice job, and super firm and comfortable too. I still have to the headliner, new carpet, package tray and some dash work, then the interior she be done.................Fred

post-114-13585353107367_thumb.jpg

post-114-13585353107732_thumb.jpg

post-114-13585353108023_thumb.jpg

Thanx Robert, I am very pleased with the work, and as you say, once the interior is completed she be nice and comfortable............Fred PS too bad Norm's Coupe didn't see the finished product, he also was interested in how they would turn out

Thanx Robert, I am very pleased with the work, and as you say, once the interior is completed she be nice and comfortable............Fred PS too bad Norm's Coupe didn't see the finished product, he also was interested in how they would turn out

RIP to a good man. they look better in the car (if that was even possible) they are great looking! hey is that underdog I spot on the dash????

RIP to a good man. they look better in the car (if that was even possible) they are great looking! hey is that underdog I spot on the dash????

I wish it were Underdog, it is a small A&W Root Bear.........Fred Pics of my dash toys, the Hula Girl was hand made by a Federal Inmate, the small Folger Adams key will be rcognized by Correctional and Police people.......

post-114-13585353109166_thumb.jpg

post-114-13585353109511_thumb.jpg

post-114-13585353109816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rockwood

Your seats look great, Fred. You got a hell of a deal to boot. Nice progress, Fred.

Dash toys....I don't have any, but I am looking for a steering wheel suicide knob with a picture of a very busty naked lady embedded in the clear plastic, like I had in my 55 Chevy truck in high school, for my 46 Ford pickup. Joel

Rockwood; I have some Glove Box Door Covers that I had made of Extruded aluminum about 20 years back. I have a close freind who was general mngr. for a large company,and he had the dies made. Ive sold probably 100 to 125 of them and dont advertize anymore. They can be painted to match perfectly. I have them in all three of my Chryslers. They will fit 41 thru 48. Call or email me if interested. Frank M. 402 733 3153 --email fmsr@cox.net.

Here is a pic of my seats abck in the car. This guy did a great job, they were all packaged in heavy ploy and sewn shut when I got them, very nice job, and super firm and comfortable too. I still have to the headliner, new carpet, package tray and some dash work, then the interior she be done.................Fred

Fred, really looks nice. I will soon be at the upholstery stage. Can you give me some ideas about costs. Mine is a 4 door also.

Fred, really looks nice. I will soon be at the upholstery stage. Can you give me some ideas about costs. Mine is a 4 door also.

Hi Alan, the price is dependent on a few things.

Are you doing some of the work yourself, or are you going to turn the complete job over to the upholsterer.

Now are you doing everything, seats, door panels, headliner, kick panels carpet? Or are you doing just seats and door panels?

For my car it needed everything, my seats cost about $750.00 for both, that was a steal of a deal, as normal is about $1500 to $2000 for the front and rear seats for re-upholstsery.

I made my own door panels complete with new backer boards, this includes the armrests, about $200 for material,board and supplies for door panels and kick panels. The package tray I have enough material for that also, so that is part of that price.

I will order a new ready made headliner, anywhere from $160 to $300.

A pre cut, sewn carpet will be about $150 to $300.

Insulation sound deadener about $200.

Windlace, about,?????

So as you see doing it your self can save you money, the seats are the biggest expense, I would say you could do it yourself complete for about $2000, and about anywhere from $3500 to $4500 for a complete job from an upholsterer, and this depends on the region of the country as this can vary from state to state..........Fred

Edited by Rockwood