Gas Tank Hose

DollyDodge

DollyD

All the parts stores carry this stuff. Just make dead sure you get gasoline hose and not radiator hose - won't work.

Only prollem' was, when I got mine, had to buy a full length - like twice the amount I needed, just to get the right stuff in the right diameter. Gave the other half to another guy on this forum.

I would not say all the car parts houses carry this...in my surrounding area, of Advance, O'Riely, Autozone and Napa...on the Napa carried it..more for the big trucks than actual fuel inlet hose for the older car...our Car Quest stores closed their doors long ago..hopefully your local will have it..as Napa is pretty proud of thier stuff at the cash register...and yes you may have a minimum length to purchase..

Thanks all. I will find out if CarQuest has it or not, and there are also Kragen, and Napa Stores stores locally. I just like our CarQuest dealer. He has been her well over 35 years and was once a independent auto parts dealer but had to get under the umbrella of a chain in order to stay in business.

I don't think so. Even in the description they say it is coolant hose. It appears to be Gates Green Stripe hose. It is very good coolant hose, but it is not resistant to petroleum products, It'll swell up terribly when it comes in contact with gas.

Merle

Hi all: I went to the auto parts store this morning and they are going to order me the correct hose, one that is made for fuel. The first salesman wanted to sell me the hose with the green strip and another guy said, no that isn't the correct material for rubber filler hose. So in any event, I have the correct hose ordered, it is suppose to be here tomorrow. They ordered 3 feet of the stuff and will cut me off what I need.