another reason not to "clip" your old car

PatrickG

Just noticed something about those gauges. Only 1 is additional to the factory stuff. So some new owner could get the original dash gauges working and get rid of that filler panel. The additional gauges and switches could be put in a panel hung below the dash and the original radio or filler plate put back in. The dash with part of that chrome strip missing just looks silly. The custom 50 dad used to own had a thick piece of wood for a filler piece. At least it came out flush to the chrome and had nice radiused corners etc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd add that you can check out our 48 Dodge at www.cardomain.com/ride/2623967:)

...Very nice.I can appreciate the work that went into your car.Nice job!

That guage panel is just not pretty enough to be in that car. It looks like it should be in a drag car or something bare bones. My dad had a goofy little setup like that as his dash center because somebody stole his original piece, so for a little present I bought him one off the bay, Ebay, and showed up on a Saturday and we spent all day putting it back together. It made for a cool evening tinkering on cars and spending time with the "Old man".

Sometimes its the little things that will make your day! :)