need opinions. How does it look?

Truck looks real good. Is the gas tank filler remaining? Keeping it with everything else smoothed might look out of place. How about a pic with the Buick grill in place so we can see how that looks also. Boards look good, too.

Truck looks real good. Is the gas tank filler remaining? Keeping it with everything else smoothed might look out of place. How about a pic with the Buick grill in place so we can see how that looks also. Boards look good, too.

Gas tank will be located in the bed under the floorboards, grille pic attached, need to find two more teeth for it still. I cut the boards towards the front to hide most of the welding. Bud

post-2377-13585350316018_thumb.jpg

Might be to early to mention, but are you keeping the turn signals? I have a thing about those I guess. And how bout the beds rails....gonna cap'em off or leave'em open?

Truck is really startin' to look kick ***! Nice work Bud.:D

48D

Oops....didn't realize kick a** was bad language...I'll make a note of it.:D

48D

I like the look of the grill. I need to fill the opening on mine with something also, but haven't determined how I want it yet. What are the plans for front bumper? As low as your truck sits, having a bumper is almost wasted energy.

I like the look of the grill. I need to fill the opening on mine with something also, but haven't determined how I want it yet. What are the plans for front bumper? As low as your truck sits, having a bumper is almost wasted energy.

I have a set of rechromed bumpers for a 52 Dodge convertible that fit like a glove, I will need to make brackets though. Bud

Truck looks great! I'm reserving judgement on the grill until it is finished and the bumper is on. I like the stock horizontal grill, it makes a tall truck look wider, but you have done a nice piece of work fitting it in. I've wondered if a modern Dodge grill could be fitted in, I think that might look good. Maybe someone who can 'doctor' up a picture can put a new grill in.

Question: Is the pilot-house taller than the Chevy or Ford pick-ups?

Edited by pflaming

Bud's truck will look wider because of the top chop so the vertical lines of the grill aren't necessarily bad proportion-wise. Taller than Ford or Chevy? I think it is but you'll need to measure from running boards up to tell for sure. The windshield divider gives the illusion of taller even if it isn't.

Don't like the grille, somwhere on here is a pic of a late model Dakota grille on one of these trucks, looks like it belongs there but what do I know.

I understand some won't like the grille choice, but I want the exterior to look like an old 50's custom and the plastic dakota grille just won't cut it. I fashioned the idea of the grille from the one I built for my 49 Plymouth.

post-2377-1358535040614_thumb.jpg

To me the grill (good or bad) isn't the issue. To my eye you have done a fantastic piece of work on your truck including the grill. What I like about trucks is the creativity (thats that issue). A John Deere is always green and yellow, but trucks one never knows. I like what you are doing and like others are watching for the final result. Keep up the good work, you are an asset and an inspiration to all.:)

Had a slow night at work, so I goofed around with Bud's grille. lol. I warned him ahead of time. Nothing mind blowing, just thought I'd share.

48D

post-580-13585350411203_thumb.jpg

post-580-13585350411667_thumb.jpg

post-580-13585350412911_thumb.jpg