looking for info on these parts

milo ringe

Hi

I have a 53 b4b pickup and after taking off the rear fenders I have tried locally to find the flat head bolts that were used to hold them on ?

Also I see up on the back of the front fendor between it and the cowl is a short piece of molding that fills that gap , I have not found it or did not know what to ask for when speaking to Steel rubber products ? One last question , I am guessing that I will need to replace some or all of the leaf springs , is there a general replacement model used that anyone is aware of ?

Thanks

Milo in Ga.

The fender bolts can be purchased from Mar-K at http://www.mar-k.com/catalog/catalog.asp?TruckCode=19531953Da-795

The only place that I know of that has the fender filler pieces is Roberts Motor Parts http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/index.html It's not a prefect replacement part, but it works. Look for part # T98

Merle

I used the rubber fill strip from Roberts - just a little thinner than the original but as Merle says, it's adequate. Carriage bolts from the local hardware worked fine on my fenders. Heads aren't quite as flat as the originals, but mine is no show truck. I used stainless steel for obvious reasons, but you gotta' pickle 'em with a little vinegar or galv-prep to get them so they hold paint well. JMHO

Hi

I have a 53 b4b pickup and after taking off the rear fenders I have tried locally to find the flat head bolts that were used to hold them on ?

Also I see up on the back of the front fendor between it and the cowl is a short piece of molding that fills that gap , I have not found it or did not know what to ask for when speaking to Steel rubber products ? One last question , I am guessing that I will need to replace some or all of the leaf springs , is there a general replacement model used that anyone is aware of ?

Thanks

Milo in Ga.

Here are pic's of the factory rear fender bolts.

Bob