Paint colors on a 1953 B4B-108

1 hour ago, tanda62 said:

When I had the Red painted on my truck I used a 1969 Barracuda "Scorch Red" which seemed to be the closest I could find to 1953 "Dodge Truck Red". I am really happy with the way it turned out. The Chrysler code is DT3333.  My painter used Metalux R6 Ay1ER6.  There are specific codes to get the "Scorch Red" and I would be happy to share them if you are interested.

Here is a shot of my cab although the computer always makes it tough to see the real color.

Putting the Cab on 02.gif

I may do the red, I like the combo of the stock cream colored rims with that red

1 hour ago, tanda62 said:

When I had the Red painted on my truck I used a 1969 Barracuda "Scorch Red" which seemed to be the closest I could find to 1953 "Dodge Truck Red". I am really happy with the way it turned out. The Chrysler code is DT3333.  My painter used Metalux R6 Ay1ER6.  There are specific codes to get the "Scorch Red" and I would be happy to share them if you are interested.

Here is a shot of my cab although the computer always makes it tough to see the real color.

Putting the Cab on 02.gif

I would love to see those color codes if you have them.  Thanks

16 hours ago, RobWood said:

I am also looking for a 1953 color chart, as well as proper hub caps for a truck I just purchased

post a parts wanted in the classifieds section of the forum for parts you are looking for.  We are asked by our supreme overlord to do so.  :D

On 9/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, tanda62 said:

Here are the paint codes and a shot of the cowl I just put back on this week.

20190903_180937.gif

20190829_121626.gif

That is a really gorgeous shade of red, it looks like a vintage Ferrari paint.  I know it's not stock but I think that color deserves some chrome up front!

1 hour ago, Old CWO said:

That is a really gorgeous shade of red, it looks like a vintage Ferrari paint.  I know it's not stock but I think that color deserves some chrome up front!

looks close to FEF's color (took a color match off the inside of the glove box polished up).  His red formula is in his build thread.

2012-02-01150742.jpg.0f61283de9c540e07be450160bc32dcb.jpg