A bigger Peek with this Peep

Reg Evans

I ordered these clip ons from J.C.Whitney and installed them the other day.

The smaller 4" diameter ones are almost useless in my opinion. These larger ones (almost 5") give a better view until I can find some 6 inchers. I don't care for the fish eye type. The image is just too small.

BiggerpeekwiththisPeep.jpg

Has anyone tried using the rectangular ones? They stick out farther and may offer some sort of better view. Or maybe not. That's the style that was on the family P15 sedan when new in 1946.

This pair is offered by Sharantique on ebay.....some of their stuff is a bit cheapie, so I gather. Therefore, don't know the actual quality of this pair.

Link to the ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/RECTANGULAR-DOOR-EDGE-MOUNT-MIRRORS-2_W0QQitemZ6618531559QQihZ012QQcategoryZ418QQcmdZViewItem Of course, you would turn them where the length is parallel to the ground.

Just a thought, for whatever it may be worth.

post-10-13585344513879_thumb.jpg

I think big butt Dodges should have sidemount spares flaired into the fenders......then you can use the strap on rearviews. My car came with retangular clip ons, they were mismatched and de-silvering, so I replaced them with some cheapy Taiwan rect's from a Swap meet. I had them on the verticle axis. Have since switched to 4 inch rounds, but they need longer arms.

Jerome, I guess you could call these mirrors pictured in the P15 Parts Manual stock mirrors. Otherwise, it was what the particular dealership chose to install or what the owner went out and bought. The left ones are those cowl mounted ones or "swan neck". The other is the clip onto the door edge type. As I recall, the new 1946 Plymouth my parents bought had a rectangular outside clip on mirror.....like those I posted earlier.

post-10-13585344519667_thumb.jpg

post-10-13585344520046_thumb.jpg