6 volt tachometer?

Powerhouse

I have heard that Westach will supply them, maybe a sort of special order. But I know they have done it in the past. Check their website, these won't be listed, but I think you can contact them. Also check ebay, Sun made them (I have two that I bought new, still working fine). You need the model that uses and sending unit. They made a 6 volt pos ground 6 cyl sending unit, they come occasionally on ebay.

Some of the old Dixco tachs (late 60`s had a resistor that you could remove to change to a 6cyl/6 volt. I still have it in my 52 Dodge P/U. Still works after 25 years!

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up two tachs a couple months ago. One Sun unit off ebay that I bid low on thinking I'd never get it. The other was a different brand (can't remember) that was still NIB. I got it for $80 or so, expecting not to win the auction for the Sun unit. Well, I got both. I will try the new one in the next couple weeks, if it's fine I'll sell the Sun unit.

Bob