replacement rubber mats

Normspeed

My car has a "cut-to-fit" rubber front mat that's been in there for many years but was never really cut to fit. It's got some tears in it. I'm thinking about buying a new one. Has anyone got tips for correctly fitting and cutting one of those? Also, where is the best price for ordering one?

If her car has carpet mats, place them over the rubber one and get rid of the excess. If no mats are present, place it in the car and position it to where it lays the flattest, mark the areas to trim with a piece of chalk and cut with HD scissors, mat knife, or other sharp dangerous instrument.

It seems someone sells new rubber mats for these cars, but can't recall who. I bought a new old stock mat several years ago....put it in.....the fit was ok....but due to age, it split in various places fairly soon. Finally replaced it with carpet this year.

The fellow who installed my carpet this summer made a split on the drivers side, so it could be pulled back to allow access to the master cylinder. A rather good and handy idea, I thought. And as some certain old timers may notice, my pedal pads are now going the proper direction. (they used to run from side to side).

100_3581.jpg

Sal Salerno........P15 Rubber Floor Mats......717-697-7757 (Day), 717-697-2002 (Eve.)

Mechanicsburg, PA

I copiy/pasted this from the links section here. I ordered one of these a year ago and it looked very good. I sold it along with the car before installing so I can't report on the fit.