New member from Oklahoma

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 11:37 AM, Bobby Sixkiller said:

Just joined today. Hopefully I’ll learn a few things and help some others out.  I have a 51 B3B I acquired a few months ago and a 54 Desoto Firedome I’ve had since I was 19. 

Welcome to the forum!  I somehow missed your intro.

I am also from Oklahoma, but now living in Ohio.  I grew up north of Tulsa, between Owasso & Collinsville.  (16 miles north of downtown Tulsa, and 16 miles west of downtown Claremore.)

Where 'bouts you at?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m in northwest Oklahoma. West of Woodward. Not original paint but close to original color and it’s an old paint job. Pretty solid. Been cold the last week or so and haven’t driven it. But gathering some parts here and there. Doesn’t need much but no lights work. Is a 12 volt system but that’s about the only change I plan to make on it. 

On 1/15/2024 at 6:07 PM, Bobby Sixkiller said:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m in northwest Oklahoma. West of Woodward. Not original paint but close to original color and it’s an old paint job. Pretty solid. Been cold the last week or so and haven’t driven it. But gathering some parts here and there. Doesn’t need much but no lights work. Is a 12 volt system but that’s about the only change I plan to make on it. 

Our church group had annual one week youth camp in Roman Nose.  I think that the last time I was that far west in Oklahoma was in around 81 or 82, in Clinton, for a 50th wedding anniversary for a Cheyenne couple I knew from studying the language.  A group of us sang for them (in Cheyenne), but I don't remember now even what song it was.  I still have my old cowboy hat - straw hat, actually, with the Cheyenne bead work still sewn on it, something that was given to me by either them, or another Cheyenne language teacher.  (All I remember now is part of a Bible verse she taught me.  Learning Cheyenne was practice for what I did later - Bible translation for a tribe in Brazil.)
My folks both attended the Mennonite High School, Corn Bible Academy, when it was still located in Corn.  (Incidentally, my great grandfather, on my mom's side, was one of the original white settlers in Korn, as it was originally called.)