OT......Today I rode a ferry

Don Coatney

Hmmmm...cobbler, I could use a good cobbler recipe too. Actually, yeah, I've got a ton of recipes....passed to me from my Mom....who is still one of the best cooks I know. No raisin pie recipe though. And although she's getting up there in age, 87, she still cooks everything from memory....and a lot of her recipes came from her mother and my dads mom. Last year she even took the time during Thanksgiving to print a bunch of here recipes into books and gave them away as Christmas presents.......naturally we got one and there were recipes in it she'd never given me before. I love cooking.

But I don't think I've ever used that term " throw caution to the wind " before today....still crackin' up about how well that sentence went with the thread title....I was splittin a gut there for a while.....Okay, I'm over it now....really......I mean it.

Splatt' date=' that's okay, we'll just turn this forum into "Cooking With Tim".:D :D Couple of years ago Tim was good enough to share an old cobbler recipe. Turned out to be just like my long departed grandmother use to make. I had ask several of my family members for that recipe and no one knew how she did it. Thanks again for that one Tim.

Hey Tim, maybe you should get a publisher for that old book of yours.[/quote']

Splat-man...will try and get a copy of the recipe to you...it is differnet to be sure..it was a very common treat where I grew up and you could even buy then in the store..cannot recall the name of the company though..big brand name for the area...

Just in case it is not in the recipe and I forget, the pies will bubble when baking..be sure the top crust is vented well..lattice top works well here..mama could put a full wheat pattern on a pie in jig time...me..its a struggle..

Have you ever taken the Alcatraz tour? If you haven't I would highly recommend that you take it. Cost around 15 dollars for the excursion and once your on the island your on your own or you can get a portable CD player and follow a self guided tour. I have done this twice and probably will do it one more time with the wife. Oh yes bring a bag lunch with you in a back pack as food was kind of pricey. Jon (From down on the Peninsula -MENLO PARK!)