Oil Drain Plug Magnet

Conn47D24

On 8/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, Bob Riding said:

I wonder if Tony is OK? I saw a recent memorial on FB for a Tony Smith, but I couldn't tell if it was The Freewheeling Tony.

I believe  Tony is very involved in Scouting with his kids along with racing on the salt flats.

On 8/12/2023 at 8:27 AM, DJK said:

Check out Power Slut Racing. $12 for 7/8" X 18 magnetic plug and free shipping.

Ordered mine on Thurs. last week, came today. $14 for the plug and 3 washers, free shipping.

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2023 at 11:30 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

on the install....put the plug to the hole, rotate counterclockwise till you feel/hear it snap into the start of the threads and you should be home free....this works for any nut/bolt when in tight areas of access or close tolerances of the threads or in this case the magnet pulling the threads off normal course.  Of course, if left handed thread opposite action required.

I found it very easy to install by placing the drain plug in a socket first.

A good source for a magnet is from an old microwave. They are of good strength. I put one on me fuel tank drain. You can see how to remove one on YouTube.