Rock Auto - Shipping costs- WOW

Lou Earle

Shel..give you an update later..wife called me at work early..seems last night UPS left the parts onthe front porch...that was fast deliverly to say nothing else...I just last evening got the confirmation on shipping via e-mail..was told to expect about 11/20 and that it is an estimate as they have no control over local routes etc...

Always had good luck on shipping with RockAuto, but today I hit a wall. After a lot of internet searching, I found what I think is the really correct oil filter for my particular setup. NAPA 1006 or Wix 51006. Well, NAPA gets $11.00+ for one, and RockAuto gets only $7.00+. BUT, RockAuto shipping for one filter is over $6.00, making it more expensive than the NAPA. Wix filters aren't your average Pep Boys or Kragen brand, looks like I might need to stop by my local real parts store and check out their price. Trying to avoid my local NAPA whenever I can.

Stopped by the local independent shop on the way home from work. He can have one on Friday, a Wix, for $11. I'm being cautious about buying in numbers until I actually try the 51006 and 51080 (NAPA 1006 and 1080) in the filter housing. I also have a NIB 1080 to try. I was using a Fram C4, perfect fit, very like the 51080. But the Fram is listed as a full flow and the WIX/NAPA as a bypass type cartridge. Thought I'd go for the correct type:confused: