,Replacing window channel and weatherstrip in 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe Business Coupe

Daklomat

• 4 weeks later...

you will not find the whiskers with the clip for your application...you have to use alternative methods....there are a couple ways to do this that make it an easy in and out if needed to pull a door glass later with no damage tot he whisker or the paint job...PLEASE just do not glue these in place....paint is costly.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

1 hour ago, casper50 said:

If you are going to install new vent window rubber I have bought from Andy Bernbaum and do not recommend their's.  The rest of the rubber that I bought was good stuff.  The vent window rubber was too short and too thin in the width.

and you will not be any happier with the vent rubber from "we the best in the business"

save your money...I got some from them, very disappointing...I even had a nice set though hard but not deformed originals that I offered them to use as a sample and they blew me off saying they have the right product and no one else has ever complained....I find that hard to believe...one guy at that place even told me that is what I get for buying a Mopar.....I replied no, that is what I get for dealing with folks with closed minds.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

On the late 30s models All aftermarket rear vent window rubber is too narrow.  May be similar for 40s.  All is made in lengths for the smaller  Plymouth sedan rear vent windows.   Back in the 80s your kit came with a filler strip for the larger vents.   No longer.   Reuse a filler cut from your original or order a double set for the bigger didge and other make vent windows 

Luck.  

Edited by Sharps40

So far all the front vent rubber I've used since the 80s has been very slightly narrow but good length.  Been using mopar direct rubber lately.   Reasonably happy but same sizing issues and no rear filler strips for rear vents. 

Edited by Sharps40