Crankshaft pulley

Dahoof

Hi folks,

I'm getting ready to get a vintage air system for my 52 Cambridge. I was lucky enough to obtain some fantastic photos of bracket design and installation on another group site. Here is my delema, I need a 2 groove crankshaft pulley to make it work on my 218 flathead. Does anyone know what I can use, a manufacturing co., or where I can get one. Thanks in advance....

Michael

Industrial engines used a crankshaft flange which had  a bolt on pulley.  So also did some Chrysler sixes... like the 49, for sure.

A special pulley could then be made up and bolted to this flange.  There are a number of 49 Chrysler owners on the forum.

I've been told that there are Chrysler guys in the group. If any of you know whether Chrysler used 2 groove crank pulleys on some of their early 6 cyl flatheads. If anyone has one, that they wouldn't mind making a deal for, please let me know.. It has to work on a 218 ci flathead

The 1954 chrysler 265 used a double pulley to run the power steering. Not common to find though....

post-302-0-51965000-1465875186_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-08619600-1465875476_thumb.jpg

Donald,

Thanks for the info, like you said it won't be easy to come by, but at least it's another possibility.

• 3 months later...

Michael, did you ever manage to find a dual pulley?  Also, what was the other site where you found information on the A/C installation?  If you could post a link or photos I'd be grateful!

On 6/15/2016 at 7:01 PM, 48ply1stcar said:

Call Vintage.Power Wagons and ask what they have available.  vintagepowerwagons.com

Checked with them, and unfortunately they don't have anything that will work, nor any idea of where to look. 

For my power steering pump, I added a narrow belt, aluminum billet pulley, and kept the wide pulley for the water pump and generator (now an alternator).  I had to re-drill the bolt holes to meet the bolt pattern, and drill/file out the center hole to fit.  I substituted studs for bolts, and installed nuts between the old and new pulley, as spacers.  Then I installed the damper.

crank pulleys (1) drill JEGS Spectra 865-4389.JPG

final 4-19-14 (2) new pulley & damper.JPG

Edited by DonaldSmith
  • Like 1