throttle linkage

Darbone85737
Go to solution Solved by Darbone85737,

I hate the Rube Goldberg throttle linkage on my car (P18 with stock  B& B carb)

I recall seeing someone had used a cable setup to replace the stock parts.   Does anyone have source information where I might find a straight forward cable set up?  Is there a vendor for these things or is a matter of finding a suitable cable and fabricating brackets? 

I believe the setup I saw had a clevis that attached directly to the linkage at the bottom of the stock pedal. 

Thanks for any assistance

LArry

Rube has been working good all these 65+ years for the average car..what seems to be amiss of your that is the problem...do you have a bent, missing or misaligned part that someone may be able to help you with..I have never found the stock linkage to be a problem and change only if I go to a modern engine..

Plymouthy-  Would you have a picture of the linkage on your car?  I searched on this forum and couldn't find a picture large enough to make out the details.   I might be able to sort it out if I had a good picture.  It seems like I might be missing a part and there is some binding of the parts that I have started to put back on

Thanks

Edited by Darbone85737

• Solution

Thanks to the group (and Steve Chandler in particular) I spent some time rummaging through boxes of parts I got back from powder coating and found the linkage parts.  They were assembled wrong so they wouldn't fit. (The swiveled joint was on the wrong end of the rod. 

All is well once again and I'll keep the Rube Goldberg system

I can't thank the group and people here enough.  I know I'll get this done one of these days

Larry