SoCal Old Mopar Breakfast Cruise-In

mrwrstory

Guy's you tell me what time works for you.......I was thinking 8am or 9am. Give us time to gab and gawk and it is only about a ten minute run over to Knowlwoods. There are other eating options nearby. I will have a coffee pot going.......but no latte.

My shop is literally a minute off the 5 & 405. Address is 8 McLaren, Unit H, Irvine 92618. Phone there is (949) 461-9558.

The complex is located on the corner of Rockfield and McLaren. And yes the street is named after the famous racer.....Oldfield is just past one of the driveways in. There should be plenty of parking on a Sunday.

Jeff

Guy's you tell me what time works for you.......I was thinking 8am or 9am. Give us time to gab and gawk and it is only about a ten minute run over to Knowlwoods. There are other eating options nearby. I will have a coffee pot going.......but no latte.

My shop is literally a minute off the 5 & 405. Address is 8 McLaren, Unit H, Irvine 92618. Phone there is (949) 461-9558.

The complex is located on the corner of Rockfield and McLaren. And yes the street is named after the famous racer.....Oldfield is just past one of the driveways in. There should be plenty of parking on a Sunday.

Jeff

Honestly I like the idea of 9:00 alot more.  I take backroads as I ginger my baby to OC. (That is if she isn't in the shop....if she is I'll take the old Benz.) If everyone is okay with 0900, I'll post a message in the events page to remind us all as we get closer to the day.  I'll be just coming back from a work trip and I'll definitely enjoy this as I've wanted to meet some other owners for quite some time.  There was a guy at Bob's Big Boy last night with a B1B.  Let me know guys if this time works!  I'm excited!

Thanks,

Jon

9 AM

We WOOD kick off the new Pilot-house year!

9 AM

We WOOD kick off the new Pilot-house year!

You wood bring that up. You realize we will just be a splinter group of a much larger family tree. :D

I hope I am back on a wood diet by then. Have been working on a free form large leaded glass project and I find the shards everywhere are much harder to chew.

Jeff

• Like 2

This is coming together nicely!

A thought since no one has mentioned "WEATHER" :huh:  ,......how 'bout we plan on a confirmation or a reschedule if the weather is crumbly?  I suggest our meeting be confirmed or cancelled via this thread on Sat. Jan 16, at or about 6:00pm.  We should have a pretty accurate forecast for the morning at that time.  And,...in so doing we avoid the dilemma of deciding weather or knot  ;) to start out Sunday morning.

You wood bring that up. You realize we will just be a splinter group of a much larger family tree. :D

I hope I am back on a wood diet by then. Have been working on a free form large leaded glass project and I find the shards everywhere are much harder to chew.

Jeff

You guys crack me up!  See you on January 17th, 9am.

Jon

This is coming together nicely!

A thought since no one has mentioned "WEATHER" :huh:  ,......how 'bout we plan on a confirmation or a reschedule if the weather is crumbly?  I suggest our meeting be confirmed or cancelled via this thread on Sat. Jan 16, at or about 6:00pm.  We should have a pretty accurate forecast for the morning at that time.  And,...in so doing we avoid the dilemma of deciding weather or knot  ;) to start out Sunday morning.

Agreed.  I've put together a calendar invite for both the 16th and the 17th in my Google Calendar.  One for the reminder and the other for the actual day.  If anyone would like to be added to that so that their phone reminds them, please feel free to IM me with your email address and I'll send it out.

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by fedoragent

Thanks to Derek for the "heads up" on the latest So Cal get together.

I was thinking of this group when I took my 52 to Carcadia that's held monthly behind the Denny's in Arcadia and how neat it would be to see your cars there. If you have Facebook, look up the Carcadia page and maybe that can be a spot for a future get meet up.

I remember Jeff offering his shop and that would be great. Maybe pot luck it and just hang out there?

The 5/405 area of Irvine would be farthest Lil Jenny has been driven but as someone in the group has said in the past, it's well within the AAA tow range. LOL

I'll add the date to my calendar and also IM Jon for updates. I'll text Mike from Glendale who joined us the last time in Long Beach to make him aware.

Tony

If anyone is heading down the 605, let me know and we can meet around the 5/605 or 105/605 park-n-ride and drive down together. Fedoragent, if your concerned about speed, we can cruise around 55MPH and on a Sunday morning, the freeway should be pretty open. If my 201 can do it, you guys should have no problem.

Folks, I can meet by the 605 and 405.  My tires are older...I know the old girl can go up to 65/70...however...I don't want the tires to heat up and split.   :(

FG

That's even better, practically right in my backyard. Any route is fine with my, even surface streets.

Thanks to Derek for the "heads up" on the latest So Cal get together.

I was thinking of this group when I took my 52 to Carcadia that's held monthly behind the Denny's in Arcadia and how neat it would be to see your cars there. If you have Facebook, look up the Carcadia page and maybe that can be a spot for a future get meet up.

I remember Jeff offering his shop and that would be great. Maybe pot luck it and just hang out there?

The 5/405 area of Irvine would be farthest Lil Jenny has been driven but as someone in the group has said in the past, it's well within the AAA tow range. LOL

I'll add the date to my calendar and also IM Jon for updates. I'll text Mike from Glendale who joined us the last time in Long Beach to make him aware.

Tony

You went to Carcadia?  I thought about going to that.  That is 20ish minutes from my house!  We're going to have to meet up sometime there.

FG.

Gents,  FYI, I've reached out to Don Jordan via email too to see if he would like to join us.  Also, one of the other Dodge owners are organizing a drive on December 31st down Colorado Blvd and Old Town Pasadena.  It starts at 3pm on December 31st at the Coco's in Arcadia.  Would you folks like to participate?  Some of us could gather at my house in Pasadena and then drive on out.  My car is down for the body mount issue, but I'm wanting to go nonetheless.  Would anyone be up for that?  

Thanks,

FG.

Is it wrong that I don't want to drive my truck now because I want to "save" it for the 17th?

Is it wrong that I don't want to drive my truck now because I want to "save" it for the 17th?

Yes, as a mater of fact it is! Now you get out there and drive! We are counting on you, Jeff and Rod....

Do it for us that can't! :D 

(And take lots of photos lol)

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 1

Not wrong at all.  Mine is on a lift right now because the body mounts are rubbish.  And I'm not talking the rubber, the actual mounts.  Here, I'll post a photo so that we can all gasp in disbelief...I'm hoping she will be ready by 1/17.  God only knows at this point.  There goes my entire budget for interior, body and paint...sigh.  I feel like I'll never get there.

FG.

post-3382-0-22459900-1450244226_thumb.jpg

Edited by fedoragent