Has Anyone Ever Seen This Car Color On A P15 Before?

fedoragent

The paint color has to be lighter.  I've been traveling down the road in this thing in the SoCal sun in a black car.  I'm done.  I'd like a lighter color car, it will be a bit easier.  That and the black primer is just plain fugly.  I was originally going for a goldish/tan but...I'm going to look at all my options and make a decision by next month.  I need to think about interior too. 

Try going to a local paint store, preferrably one that been arround for years and carries multiple brand paints.

Look at their paint charts, try asking for a color book thats made for fleet use. All shades of reds in one area, blues another, golds etc. with all varing shades in one area.

Want a goldish/green, look at the gold area and the green area. Many mixes of color are avail.

These "fleet colors" are usually Cheaper? amd most can mixed as single stage or base/clear coat mixes.

Have them mix a pint of chosen color and try it on a smaller panel or unused panel and look at it outside in good light to make sure that it's what you want.

Chosing a "special color" that you like can be hard!

Best to ya,

Doug

The paint color has to be lighter.  I've been traveling down the road in this thing in the SoCal sun in a black car.  I'm done.  I'd like a lighter color car, it will be a bit easier.  That and the black primer is just plain fugly.  I was originally going for a goldish/tan but...I'm going to look at all my options and make a decision by next month.  I need to think about interior too. 

Well, if you want to stay period correct on a paint color, see what other colors were used on other non-Mopar cars in 1946-48 (e.g. Chevrolet, Buick, Ford, Studebaker, etc.). It might  not be what Plymouth offered, but it will be a color that exited then. Remember that people could also order special colors on new cars back then that the dealership didn't offer.