Old '38 Ply

pflaming

They might call it a depression pickup, but they were still doing this in the late 50's. Neighbor had a 52 Ford  sedan, nobody wanted it. He patched a pickup cab back on it, added a wood  floor and got good money for it. First time I saw black magic used. Filled some pretty big holes.

I think its a 36 but can't tell w/o seeing the dash.  The 37-38's had the headlight mounted on the radiator shell.  Whatever it is it needs to be saved.  Out here in the apple country the farmer's used to make flatbed out of late 30's cars to carry bushel crates of picked fruit to the packing house.  I remember my uncle had a 39 Chevy, and I just found another one in a local junkyard that was going to be crushed.  They were cut off at the cowl, windshield frame left intact and a wooden flatbed built on the chassis.  Lots of good memories.

I think it is a 38 truck.   The axle looks strait accross, the cars had curved axle...    

36 cars had square windshiels at the bottom corners, not sure on trucks.

37 Plymouth cars had tilt out windshield, 38s were solid,,,,trucks may be different..

My memory not very good anymore...