1950 Plymouth at Bonneville

NatesSedan

Hey guys long time no talk! Still running my 48' but this post is a different project!

We just got back from World of Speed and had a great time. The last year or so we have been building my father in laws '50 to run on the salt and run we did. We managed to snag the 130 MPH club and next year we may try for the 150MPH club. We were just getting a little light in the rear end this time around. The car is powered by a 360 stroker (408 cubes) 904 tranny and a rear end from a Cordoba. Here is a video of our final run. I will try to post some pics of the car a little later. Enjoy :D

-Nate

Looks great, 130 Holy crap. Blowing that exhaust out in frot of the rear wheel is probabbly whats makin it light...........................

We will look at the exhaust as well. We really think we could hit 160 without any major mods. Add some weight and some skirts and possibly chop at some point. We really want to keep the look of the car though so a new nose etc. is probably not going to happen. If we decide we HAVE to go faster then we will build something more appropriate. It was a great experience though and one we will certainly do again. I love the ingenuity out there. The BYU electric streamliner which is powered by 880 dewalt drill batteries. They were shooting for 175 MPH this year. It was a ton of fun talking to them. Here is a link to their site if anyone likes this stuff....more than a little off topic though. HAAHAA. There were so many stories just like this....if you havent been yet you should.

http://www.byustreamliner.com/tiki-index.php

• 8 months later...

Hey NatesSedan,

I went in 2010 and 2011.

Ran with a 408/904 combo as well. We haven't been able to run with the tires we wanted yet due to funds, but will in 2013.

That'is AWESOME you got the 130 club. I'm doing the 150 club for a few reasons. Longer track, and unlimited runs for starters.

5 runs was a little tight on us, we wished we had more, to better tune the truck.

408 stroker

904 tranny

85 Diplomat front suspension

97 Thunderbird IRS 3:27

92 Dakota brake booster etc

Boxed frame

(youtube muted the music, oh well)

(We hadn't a chance to fully shake down the truck, so I took it for cruise down the track) 

Top speed  2010 was 101 mph( which could be directly related to the tires)

Top speed  2011 was 112mph (same tires)

In all it has been a blast and can't wait to go in 2013. ^_^

48D

Yeah an old fart was driving.  It was me.  I turned 60 a little over a week before World of Speed so I figured I had that coming... drove every run with the right turn flashing. Not everyone got it.  Good spotting. 

I think I broke my record Saturday. Drove about 3 miles with the blinker going.