Unity Spot Lamp Repair and Parts ???

55 Fargo

Hey all, my unity spotlamp, will not light up. The shaft wire, with tiny contact is broken off right at the contact that goes into the handle assembly to the switch contact.

Anyone have any ideas on fixes, or where I can get parts. I am not sure if Unity will still have parts for this older unti...

post-114-13585367657022_thumb.jpg

post-114-13585367657295_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rockwood

Hey all, my unity spotlamp, will not light up. The shaft wire, with tiny contact is broken off right at the contact that goes into the handle assembly to the switch contact.

Anyone have any ideas on fixes, or where I can get parts. I am not sure if Unity will still have parts for this older unti...

Search 'Unity' on e-Bay. Parts come up quite often. I've even found a vendor for new mounting kits.

Spent a whole lotta a time on this dang light today.

Well I can tell you, I know how to to take this unit apart and put back togther blind folded.

The shaft wire that has a spring contact on 1 end, and a brass tiny contact that goes into the switch is broken off on that side, I tried unsuccessfully to repair this.

The switch is not that great either. The switches you can still buy new from Unity.

I did do some slight damage on the dismantling of this unit, or something was not installed correctly, but it still rotates and does what it's supposed to do, but seems tighter than before, almost like something binding, but not quite.

So do not know what I will do to remedy this, maybe buy another lamp someday, and just replace, this was a paint, to say the least.....thanx for listening

Fred, there are a million old spotlilghts out there. Probably a swap meet

would be the best source. Maybe might be something priced reasonable

on ebay. Now you know how things work and go together, it might make

finding another one easier. I've seen some with decent looking handles,

but not so good lights, and vice versa.

Fred, there are a million old spotlilghts out there. Probably a swap meet

would be the best source. Maybe might be something priced reasonable

on ebay. Now you know how things work and go together, it might make

finding another one easier. I've seen some with decent looking handles,

but not so good lights, and vice versa.

Thanx Bob, I was thinking the same thing last night. I have a Friend who has a bunch of them, maybe I can piece something together

Thanx Guys, Yes they still make the Vintage stuff, although handles might be different.

I just got off the phone, they have all parts for my Model H1 , looks like I need about $40.00 worth of parts. IThey also repair, all Unity Spot lights.

The Vintage lights are around the $239.00 for a brand new unit.

I need the centre gear shaft that has the new wire with both contacts, and a new handle switch, a lock pin for the ligh housing, and couple of screws, that should render mine good as new...

There were several brands and styles of spotlights "back in the day".

The most prevalent was Unity.

You can even replace the little "top knot" on the light with one stating the

general brand of your car - MOPAR. I don't think they have specific car

names like Dodge, or whatever.

I think Unity still makes both a 5" and 6" diameter spot, in 6V & 12V.

Unless you're an expert in how these lights mount, be sure to buy

the correct bracket for your model. New ones should include a mounting

template, which is very important.

225-u-iseriesspotlight_thumbnail.jpg&maxx=0&maxy=150

I've got 2 of the little crowns that say unity sitting in my toolbox. One of these days I'll get around to ebaying them or passing them onto a new owner....

i have a couple old unity's on my shelf..bought at swap meets and never used them..might have some parts still good. they were cheap, probably dont work..

bill

Hi Bill, I need the switch, and internal small gear shaft with the wire, the trick is the shaft length has to be the same to swap, other wise I need the both shafts , at least I think thats how it works.

Send me a pM if you want to sell, anything or an entire unit for parts....