Gauge faces.

B1B Keven

OK guys, I found a source for gauge decals.

They are made from tear proof, water proof self adhesive paper.

They will be made exactly to size. Just trim to size, punch/poke the holes then 'peal and stick'.

They'll cost $25 + shipping.

Anyone interested?

Edited by B1B Keven
Cost drop to $25

• 3 weeks later...
Are you going to do a speedometer face ('51-'53)?

Back in an old thread: (below) I also wanted to restore my speedometer but because of the concave nature of our speedometers it didn't look like anything other than re-painting and re-lettering would work. So it would really be nice to see a method that would work on the speedometers like on the instrument cluster.

I really wish I had thought of printing the gage faces onto stickback film as shown in this thread. I think it would have worked just perfectly with the the templates I did the artwork for and supplied for free to Forum Members in post #34 of the thread (below)

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=22206&highlight=gage+template

It was just about Christmas time then too.

Hank :)

Edited by HanksB3B

I really like what you have done here. Very impressive work!

Also to add to your information, Vintagepowerwagon.com sells the individual gauges, but they have the black face and not the gray face as the 1953 B4B has. This overlay will allow a person to buy the replacement gauge and then look "near factoy correct" again for minimal cash. I believe the guages in the Power Wagon catalog will fit 51-53 gauge cluster.

Has anyone tried these parts in the 47-50 or the 51-53 gauge clusters to see if they really fit correctly?

I see in the Power Wagon catalog that the temperature guage can be converted to an electric gauge/sender for those of us who have changed from the orginal engines to make the install easier for other engines.

Can you get the speedometer overlay going so the color between the gauges and the speedometer will look the same? This will tie in the both gauges and on one would ever notice.

Again, very nice work and I'm ready for a set when you get the speedo overlay as well.

Oh, one more thing. How are you going to handle the AMP gauge overlay? There are rivits holding the face plate on and the other face plates have screws. Also, the "pin stops" might be a chalenge as well.. let us know how you go about those situations too.

MMcKinney

Caldwell, ID

Thanks, just trying to help out fellow members.

We're working on the 'black faced' '48-'50 faces now.

The speedo's will follow. If the '51-'53 speedo's are different, would someone please send me one to have scanned.

These faces all had to be scanned, hand colored and measured to be correct for the face. This should be as simple as 'peal and stick'.

I've never seen a gauge held on with rivets, mine all have screws. :o

I guess you could apply the decal and then carefully cut around the rivet with an X-acto knife.

I figure the easiest way to mark the holes is to lay the sticker face down on a towel or something soft, lay the original gauge face face down on top of it and mark the holes.

I need to clear something up. I received a PM from a member who's idea I 'took and ran with'.

The '51 to '53 gauges are modified versions that are free. Again, these that I'm selling are cleaned up and re-sized versions that are professionally printed on water and tear proof paper. I'm paying my vendor $15 per set to make these. These are NOT copies of someone else's work.

If I've done something wrong, tell me and I'll burn them and ONLY deal with the '48-'50 gauges and speedo.

Keven

• 2 weeks later...

if you need a later speedometer face, i can send you one (not an image, but the face). it's the grayish one, rather than the black one, with only 5 mph pips, instead of all of them.

i used the guts of it as a donor for my earlier non-functioning speedo, so i don't need the faceplate.

wally

if you need a later speedometer face, i can send you one (not an image, but the face). it's the grayish one, rather than the black one, with only 5 mph pips, instead of all of them.

i used the guts of it as a donor for my earlier non-functioning speedo, so i don't need the faceplate.

wally

That would be great Wally. I'll PM you my mailing address.

I'll take a set. also the speedo as well. what do you need from me? i've got a 48 b-1-c

Send me a PM to remind me. :D

Keven,

Those look awesome. I'll be getting in touch with you when you have the '50 speedo and the 50 amp faces done.

Thanks WolfmanBob!

The 50 amp face is done. :)

I might not be able to have the speedo's done. However, another member is checking a source, but I have no idea of a time frame.