Carborator mount nuts!

My wife just recently bought me a 53' Dodge 1/2 ton that unfortunately has some assembly required.

I am re attaching a new carburetor to the engine. Unfortunately there are no nuts!

I have looked over the dodge pilot house clubs parts info and can't find a nut size. Can anyone please let me in on the secret?

Thanks!

Colin

Get used to spending a lot of time at Ace Hardware (everybody knows me there) or a hardware store of your choice. Basically everything is SAE (no metric at all) there are fine theads and coarse threads involved. I'm pretty sure someone here on the forum has a bolt size /thread count chart of some kind. I'll look in my parts book and see what I can come up with, but I'll bet someone will beat me to the punch.

Congratulations on finding a treasure of a wife, a 53 1/2 ton and welcome to the Nut House,

Hank :)

Edited by HanksB3B

I'll guess they're 5/16 fine thread nuts but someone who's just put one on will need to confirm. Lot of fine threaded fasteners on these trucks. Pick up a handful of 5/16, 3/8 fine and coarse nuts. You'll want to have some on hand so you don't have to run after them all the time. Price of gas, you'll more than pay for them on one parts run.

Use stainless wherever possible. It isn't "correct" but...

All the fasteners EXCEPT the square (acme) thread body bolts are standard items. Can't find acme thread bolts anywhere, and I've looked in five states.

Your wife must be related to mine. Lisa had me drag my grandpa's 49 1/2 ton across the country last month when we moved. You best buy her something really nice for the rest of this year's holidays (if yours is like mine, her birthday is a holiday). :)

The carb nuts are 3/8" X 24 fine thread-no washers originally used either!

Bob