Sun Visors

I have a question to ask about the sun visors. Does anyone out there have a parts truck with a pair of them that they would mind selling to me. My truck came with no visors or mirrors inside or out, so I seem to be always looking for the elusive hard to find parts.

I have been watching this thread for a very long time now hoping that member George C was going produce a pair from a copy of the orginal part. I was hopfully going to get in on that deal and all would be set. It does not seem like they are able to get that to work. I'm sure that it was not from the lack of trying. I was excited about the whole deal.

I don't even care if I get the visor part I just need the left and right arms and I'll make visors if that helps. PM me if you have any information on both or either.

Also, I'm short one other part and its that glove box spring, so if your in your parts truck I sure could use the spring as well. I usually have better luck finding parts with you guys that any where else I look.

Thanks for any help. Oh yes I have a 53 B4B. I'm getting closer.

Mike McKinney

Caldwell, ID

post-905-13585366024239_thumb.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard from George in a while either...I'm sure at some point him and I will get SOMETHING done. If nothing else I can get soem machined locally and he can finish the arms with the tooling he's developed. I'll ping him again to see what is going on. There IS a visor on Epay right now.

As for the spring, I've seen one on Roberts or Bernbaums website if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the reply. The spring that Robert and Bernbaum have is for the earlier year truck (39-47) and will not fit the 1953 unfortuately. I also called Vintage power wagon as well and they seem to have the same spring, so I'm kind of stuck still looking.

Get back to me if you hear anything as I would rather have new machined parts that old orginal versions if I can.

Thanks, I will check ebay again as well.

MMcKinney