Has anyone put a pilothouse on a Wagoneer chassis?

with the easy to do chassis upgrades available for this truck..why would I want to go to the extres of swapping a body to another chassis and have to work all the mounting stands from one chassis over to the other while having to remove the Wagoneer mounts..then you have bumper mounting concerns if it concerns you that the bumper will actually do thier job if called upon..it is an ever shifting line in the sand when you go to a different chassis..even just a front clip gets more involved than most realized till they knee deep..

with the easy to do chassis upgrades available for this truck..why would I want to go to the extres of swapping a body to another chassis and have to work all the mounting stands from one chassis over to the other while having to remove the Wagoneer mounts..then you have bumper mounting concerns if it concerns you that the bumper will actually do thier job if called upon..it is an ever shifting line in the sand when you go to a different chassis..even just a front clip gets more involved than most realized till they knee deep..

although true, it is a wonderful challenge with great returns. Mine sits on a dakota frame and is being built for my wife who is partially disabled. I did it for the power steering and brakes. Difficult?? Somewhat. worth it? Absolutely. Fun project? Completely. Would I do it again? You bet. :D

for those who start such a project and work it to the end it seems that there are 9 that end up selling a project or parting the vehicle out at a later date...as you said, quite the adventure..you need the time,. tools, shop space and skill to do accomplish the end product..yes it can be done and be very rewarding...just trying to mention that it is just not remove one body from the frame and put it over on the other..

This upgrade would be good on mileage too.

• 2 weeks later...

cut a Ramcharger..blasphemy..these vehicles are just too awesome as it is..I have a 91 that is pure pleasure to drive..like a big boat that will hold their own cutting circles amoung the jetskies..I do need a paint job on the heffer though..I went to Wal-mart looking for a 6 pack of Extra-time but wasted two hours looking for it..

• 2 weeks later...

Helped to build one (52 3/4 ton) and never would do that again. It is easier to swap all the Jeep stuff onto the Dodge chassis. Unless it is one of the oddball models with a 350 Olds engine. Then you pass on it and find one with a straight 6 or a 401 AMC engine, or a later model with Chrysler V8.

Olds powered parts donors have a lot of odd 1 or 2 year only parts.

Huh, my B1B is running pop-top 1978 Ramcharger (Dodge flavor) 4x4 15" rims...