Ot-Stolen stuff

JIPJOBXX

Back around 1990, I woke up one morning about 2AM and noticed the dome light on in my car. I raced outside to find 4 black guys inside of it. I yelled at them and they scattered like roaches when a light is turned on. When I got to the car, I saw what they were after - my stereo. They had taken a crowbar and cracked my entire dash in half (mid 80's model, so it had a plastic/vinyl dash.)

I hope it was worth it. They got a $30 POS stereo for their trouble and I got a $300 bill for the insurance deductable. :mad:

Back around 1990, I woke up one morning about 2AM and noticed the dome light on in my car. I raced outside to find 4 black guys inside of it. I yelled at them and they scattered like roaches when a light is turned on. When I got to the car, I saw what they were after - my stereo. They had taken a crowbar and cracked my entire dash in half (mid 80's model, so it had a plastic/vinyl dash.)

I hope it was worth it. They got a $30 POS stereo for their trouble and I got a $300 bill for the insurance deductable. :mad:

so..now we have the answer to the age old questions, how many folks does it take to steal a stereo out of a car...

Here is a story that I heard.

Back in the 70's when Boston Bruins hockey tickets were next to impossible to get, a man who lived in the Boston suburbs went out one morning to find his car stolen. He reported it to the police and waited. Three days later the man went out first thing in the morning and low and behold, his car was returned. When he open the door, there was a note attached to the steering wheel with two Bruins tickets clipped to it.The note read:

SORRY WE TOOK YOUR CAR. PLEASE USE THESE TICKETS AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

The man and his wife went to the game on the following evening and returned home to find their house cleaned out. :eek:

Not a good thing.

John R

Here is a story that I heard.

Back in the 70's when Boston Bruins hockey tickets were next to impossible to get, a man who lived in the Boston suburbs went out one morning to find his car stolen. He reported it to the police and waited. Three days later the man went out first thing in the morning and low and behold, his car was returned. When he open the door, there was a note attached to the steering wheel with two Bruins tickets clipped to it.The note read:

SORRY WE TOOK YOUR CAR. PLEASE USE THESE TICKETS AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

The man and his wife went to the game on the following evening and returned home to find their house cleaned out. :eek:

Not a good thing.

John R

A variation of a popular urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/theft/tickets.asp

I had my F 250 crew cab deisel stole from my work in 2003. It was gone for 10 days before they found it near Larado Tx filled with illigals from Mexico. In the ten days they had it they put over 11,000 miles on the truck. It was striped out except for the front drivers seat. When the border patrol caught them there was 26 people in the truck. Of course they didn't catch the driver. I had to drive down there to pick it up and it took over 6 months for the dealership to get it fixed. There is nothing more depleting than when something of yours gets stolen by a theif and then your insurance has to pay for getting it fixed.