Off Topic 63 Fury

knuckleharley

Do any of you guys have any suggestions for a good forum and good places to buy parts for a 63 Fury convertible?

I just bought one a couple of days ago,and it is missing the front fenders,grille,bumper,and some other parts,and being a convertible,it needs all new floors.

And I have been selling off parts and project cars so I can focus on my 42 Dodge business coupe and my 33 Plymouth coupe.

There really should be some sort of 24 step program for people like me.

Moparts is the biggest and has a pretty good parts section. Like other huge forums, it has it good and bad points, but its not bad.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Thanks! I now have it bookmarked.

Arthur

I can solve your problem. Send the convert up to me.

You are in Mn? There was a guy there a couple of days ago with 4 64 Fury's for sale,including a solid convertible, 2 2 dr ht's,and a solid 4 door. He wanted 5 grand for all 4.

Let me know if you are seriously interested and I will try to dig out the email I got about them.

You are in Mn? There was a guy there a couple of days ago with 4 64 Fury's for sale,including a solid convertible, 2 2 dr ht's,and a solid 4 door. He wanted 5 grand for all 4.

Let me know if you are seriously interested and I will try to dig out the email I got about them.

Those have been on craigslist atleast all summer. He hasnt been having any luck selling them apparently.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions for a good forum and good places to buy parts for a 63 Fury convertible?

I just bought one a couple of days ago,and it is missing the front fenders,grille,bumper,and some other parts,and being a convertible,it needs all new floors.

And I have been selling off parts and project cars so I can focus on my 42 Dodge business coupe and my 33 Plymouth coupe.

There really should be some sort of 24 step program for people like me.

watch your wallet but there is wildcat auto wrecking out of sandy,Or.

A friend has a '63 2 door ht Sport Fury and another '63 4 door hardtop he needs to sell. They were his father's and his father died, they're trying to dispose of all of his stuff. (and there is a lot!)

The 2 door sport fury has no rust and no dents. I think the front bumper is bent, but there would be good fenders and floor that should work for you. I'm guessing both could be had for maybe $1200 or so. 318 in both.

Located in central Mo. Email me if you want more info.

Those have been on craigslist atleast all summer. He hasnt been having any luck selling them apparently.

I wonder why? 5 grand seems like a real good deal to me if they are as solid as he claims.

Maybe 4 cars at once is a lot for most people to take on. Basically would have to buy 4 and turn around and resell 1-2 of them maybe even 3. I know 64s are popular so the price does seem quite right.

A friend has a '63 2 door ht Sport Fury and another '63 4 door hardtop he needs to sell. They were his father's and his father died, they're trying to dispose of all of his stuff. (and there is a lot!)

The 2 door sport fury has no rust and no dents. I think the front bumper is bent, but there would be good fenders and floor that should work for you. I'm guessing both could be had for maybe $1200 or so. 318 in both.

Located in central Mo. Email me if you want more info.

\

Thanks,that seems like a good deal to me,but besides them being too far from NC for me to go get them,I would never cut up a good complete original 2dr ht to fix a convertible.

The truth is I wouldn't even cut up a good solid original and complete 4 door. I'd rather make or buy patch panels for the floors and find a wrecked,stripped,or rusted one for the fenders and grille parts.

The bigger truth is I'd really rather have a 2dr ht than a convertible. Or even a really nice white 4dr with the slant 6 ps,and ac. Or a stationwagon.

Yeah,I'm weird. I love inlines and and never really cared that much for convertibles unless they are from the 30's to around 1950. The only reason I bought the 63 convertible is it was close,it was cheap,and the guy was going to crush it. I am hoping if worse comes to worse I can get it running and find somebody else interested in restoring it and sell it to them. The drive train is complete and in unknown condition. Finding fenders would just make it easier to sell.

Now,if this were a 56 Fury convertible,things would be different.

Or even a 55 or 56 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr ht.

There is a 56 plymouth convertible on craigslist here. Drop of the 63 on your way to pick it up. FYI no such thing as a fury convertible until 1959.

If it's the one my friend in Mn emailed me,it really is a nice solid project car and I'd like to have it,but I don't have 11 grand to spend.

Also,it has a 318 instead of the original engine,and I'd rather have the original engine. They can be hard to find nowadays,and I think this makes the 11 grand price a little high.

Not saying I would turn it down if it is as rust free as the owner claims and I had the 11 grand to spend,though.