Front 50/50 Bench Seat Replacement

fedoragent

Folks,

It's not secret that my P15 has those ugly front seats in them. It got me thinking before bed...where would I find a replacement seat frame? I have searched hot rod sites and have found 50/50 frame replacements. I'm a larger gent with a spare tire around my hips so I can't quite have a full bench seat that won't recline back.

My questions are three fold:

1. Does anyone know where I might be able to find an aftermarket frame that is close to the original bench seat?

2. How long is the front bench seat in a P15?

3. Do the original seats recline and do the seats move back so as to account for my spare tire around my hips?

Thanks,

FG.

look to the LHS series of cars the seats there have center folding armrest, full bench bottom split back that are very confortable..cost should be relatively cheap..can get this in electric..look to the ES for the non powered version..would be the seats I would consider if I needed to upgrade..just because I am a Moparholic..other cars could have a better suited appliction..just have never really looked...

Folks,

It's not secret that my P15 has those ugly front seats in them. It got me thinking before bed...where would I find a replacement seat frame? I have searched hot rod sites and have found 50/50 frame replacements. I'm a larger gent with a spare tire around my hips so I can't quite have a full bench seat that won't recline back.

My questions are three fold:

1. Does anyone know where I might be able to find an aftermarket frame that is close to the original bench seat?

2. How long is the front bench seat in a P15?

3. Do the original seats recline and do the seats move back so as to account for my spare tire around my hips?

Thanks,

FG.

Ugly seats, really, not IMHO, but everyone is different, EZ Boy Interiors sells after market front seat frames, that would fit, or you could get some modern buckets froma wrecker.

Here is a pic of my front seat, I love mine

post-114-13585357500343_thumb.jpg

long back at a swap meet I saw two sets of custom formed seat risers that were adjustable for height due to the sliding interlocking plates..these were made super nice..only time I have seen these also..I bought both sets..never have used them but they are stored away for a future application..(mounting low base buckets)..these make mounting lower profile seat bases into these older cars super easy..these units are extremly well made... I admit, I carried these to the car right after getting them due to the weight..

Folks,

I really need to find out the measurements of the 46-48 bench seat. I have a guy in Orange County that is selling a 50/50 bench seat. I want to see if it would fit. It isn't Plymouth, but I'd like to see if it would fit. If anyone knows these measurements or could measure that out for me that would be wonderful.

Here is the picture of the bench seat in question for sale.

3k03mc3p45Y05Q05X1aane718c306d5ff14a1.jpg

Thanks,

FG.

Jon.....I measured the front cushion across the top, from side to side, and

got 48".

From outside edge to outside edge at the rear of the seat tracks, it was

right at 49".

From front to rear of the complete seat, it was right at 21"....measured

along the seat cushion area.

If that doesn't make good sense to you, you can call me.

If you measure your car interior door to door I would think you would know if it will fit. Very doubtful that the original seat mounting holes will line up so I am reasonably certian a new mounting structure would be required.

Don,

It didn't occur to me, but I wanted to make sure before I did something monumentally stupid and order something that didn't fit if I'm going to go custom. With the belly factor...I'm thinking I might go that way. And btw, the mountings on my car definitely will need to be replaced.

Thanks,

Picture of the P15 seat tracks.

Each has 5 or 6 ball bearings inside they roll on.

Often they are missing.

My original set had two or three bearings left -- bought another pair on ebay and between them got just enough

bearings to make a good pair.

100_1104.jpg