Got another one...B3

I rescued a B3 (D)? 1 ton flatbed 123/4 inch wheel base dually from the crusher up in SE Kansas. Pretty nice, engine turns over, been in a barn since 79, last time it was on the road. A farm truck, it shows 54,xxx on the odo. 16" dual rear wheels, not split rims, so I think that they were upgraded. 16" split rim fronts. decent body, no rust out, and good glass. I'll be picking it up from the farmer in about a week, I'll add more pics then. Darn trucks are addictive, aren't they? :D

post-6820-13585354688085_thumb.jpg

Edited by jakenoklahoma

Any ID suggestions are most welcome. All I know is that it is a job rated grille truck, has 16" wheels and a flatbed and seems to have come that way (short running boards). What I dont know yet, is the exact year, number, etc, since the all important door post ID tag is missing....There is a number under the hood on the firewall on a tag, did not see that on my '50, anybody seen that before?

Get the frame number (on the frame facing out on the drivers side close to the front axle front spring shackle) which is the same as the serial number on the door tag.

The tag on the firewall is the body tag, and does not tell you much.

All of the 1948-53 trucks had a body tag, and they were mostly in the same place. A limited number of trucks had the body tag in other places, and another limited number had the serial number tag in other places (like the firewall).

Eric

Get the frame number (on the frame facing out on the drivers side close to the front axle front spring shackle) which is the same as the serial number on the door tag.

The tag on the firewall is the body tag, and does not tell you much.

All of the 1948-53 trucks had a body tag, and they were mostly in the same place. A limited number of trucks had the body tag in other places, and another limited number had the serial number tag in other places (like the firewall).

Eric

figuered as much...I'll look at the frame area when I get her home. If you had to guess, would you say 52, or 53? They were advertising it as a 49 or 50, but when I heard the description of the grill, I knew better.

It is not a 53, or at least not a B-4 1953. I think it is a 1951-52 B-3-D.

When you find the frame number you will be able to look it up. If it was titled as a 1950 than it is most likely an early 1951 as they were built starting in October or so of 1950 and might have been titled as 1950s by some DMVs.

Eric

It is not a 53, or at least not a B-4 1953. I think it is a 1951-52 B-3-D.

When you find the frame number you will be able to look it up. If it was titled as a 1950 than it is most likely an early 1951 as they were built starting in October or so of 1950 and might have been titled as 1950s by some DMVs.

Eric

thanks, Eric.......

DODGE grille emblem looks to be '51 or '52, rusty not chrome plated Job-Rated medallion from '52 or '53...how many snakes were in this'n? I ask cuz I found a little surprise in my '51 parts truck a few days ago:

picture.php?albumid=90&pictureid=998

:eek: no snakes in this one, just some rat poo and lots of chicken mess on the outside. not a chrome plated emblem, from what I recall. This makes me want to go back and get it now, too bad I have to work this week...:(